Random Thought Thread

All the cool kids have this new lifelike paracord!

Hopped in the pool to cool off and noticed something moving in the water that wasn’t quite right...

LoKhLZ9l.jpg
Hehe red and black, venom lack :thumbsup:

I learned this rhyme when I was a kid but I learned it wrong. Damnit

Red black yellow, kill a fellow...

Red yellow black, friend of Jack...

It's wrong!

it's not my fault. The Cub scout troop where I grew up wasn't great....

Last edited:
True dat! Haven’t heard that one before. We were always told ‘when red touches yella it’ll kill a fella’. And ‘red touches black, it’s a friend of Jack’. Same message. Every time I see a king snake though I have to stop for a sec and recite that shit just to be sure lol
Yep. I learned an abbreviated version of that:

Red next to black, friend of Jack
Red next to yellow, kill a fellow

P.S.
It sounds like whoever taught the rhyme to Nathan, messed up the 'next to' and confused it with the mixed up color order. That's why, of the various versions I've heard over the years, the one above is the easiest I've found, to teach and memorize.

Last edited:
All the cool kids have this new lifelike paracord!

Hopped in the pool to cool off and noticed something moving in the water that wasn’t quite right...

LoKhLZ9l.jpg
I caught one of those when I was a kid on spring break in Florida. I put it in a plastic tub so I could check it out (to be released later). The super at the condo complex walked up to see what I was doing. I proudly told him, “I caught a snake.” He looked in the tub and then took the rake he was holding and smashed the snakes head with the butt of the rake handle. Looking at the surprise on my face he said, “That’s an 8 stepper. It’s venomous.”
Then he took the tub and walked away.
Good times!

Apparently, I caught a coral snake not a king snake.

Back