Random Thought Thread

Maybe I was just lucky and there at the right time. Walter had said that he was finishing up a few of his projects. Also, this, being a wakizashi, was a bit less work than a full fledged katana.

I took delivery, in June of this year. I don’t remember exactly how long the process was. I believe it was a few months before Walter could start on it and another couple of months until it was finished?
7A64C7E0-2A83-4689-8150-CD3A8ADCBDC6.jpeg 515055BA-8608-4AE0-AF18-706DFA35D55D.jpeg

Maybe I was just lucky and there at the right time. Walter had said that he was finishing up a few of his projects. Also, this, being a wakizashi, was a bit less work than a full fledged katana.

I took delivery, in June of this year. I don’t remember exactly how long the process was. I believe it was a few months before Walter could start on it and another couple of months until it was finished?
View attachment 1217036 View attachment 1217037
Beautiful. I might have to check into it again. Maybe his schedule's opened up a bit since I last tried contacting him.

Beautiful. I might have to check into it again. Maybe his schedule's opened up a bit since I last tried contacting him.

Thank you! Contacting Walter certainly couldn’t hurt. Those are Walter’s pictures, by the way. Mike

I mentioned to Walter that I might like to do some cutting with this blade, and was not attached to the idea of a traditional folded blade. We agreed on a homogenous blade of 1095. That probably made the project a bit less complicated.

Last edited:
Someone went all "Chip" in my neighborhood!

View attachment 1217659

^ Those are earthquake indicators.

View attachment 1217671
I’m going with #3. Dude DGAF

Man, I've run across food crumbs more than once in our stalls at work. I just...I can't...

There was this one manager here known for his love of doughnuts. The ancient lore is, someone claims to have seen him take a doughnut into the men's room and set it on top of the urinal, you know, because it's a nice flat shelf. And, yes, then take it back out to finish eating. We like to imagine he made use of the flush handle as a doughnut hanger. More sanitary that way! lol (ack)

Painters finished a while ago. I appreciate the help, figured I should follow up with an "after" picture, I guess the colors didn't change all that much.
N1MDuWn.jpg

Yeah the whole lot is on a steep hill, it is semi terraced but not great for kids to play. Lots of cement stairs and hard corners to fall on. The basement is all cement and all pretty much underground though so I think the chimney is visually more structural than it actually is. But I honestly have no idea. There used to be a big tree directly in front of the chimney and I was kind of worried the house might start to collapse when I cut it down. But I think the cement slab and basement walls keep it where it is.

This house was so scary when I bought it, workers and inspectors were literally afraid to enter it. There were also massive marks in the floor that looked like blood stains leading to the fireplace, which I told myself were scorch marks...

Back