Random Thought Thread

Soooooo...........my new MacBook Pro arrived today and I know very little about laptops and apple.

Which one of you fine folks wants to send me a private message on how to be in the top 3 on fun Friday sales consistently? :p

There are actually cognitive and brain exercises which can make you both think and react faster!

At least I amuse myself :D

screenshot_20191024-055523_gallery-2-jpg.1218915

^ knives? Herb? Wildlife? Nature? Tell us more!
I wrote a notice of motion for our town's mayor, which was presented yesterday at the Parks and Environment committee for our regional district which is composed of 13 municipalities and First Nations. The motion was to allocate budget and staffing to form an advisory panel which would develop a mountain biking policy for our region, which currently owns and manages 13 thousand hectares of park land- only 500 of which is open to mountain biking. It's a massive first step, and a crusade I've been on for 20 years. I actually shed a tear when my motion was unanimously passed :)

I wrote a notice of motion for our town's mayor, which was presented yesterday at the Parks and Environment committee for our regional district which is composed of 13 municipalities and First Nations. The motion was to allocate budget and staffing to form an advisory panel which would develop a mountain biking policy for our region, which currently owns and manages 13 thousand hectares of park land- only 500 of which is open to mountain biking. It's a massive first step, and a crusade I've been on for 20 years. I actually shed a tear when my motion was unanimously passed :)
Good stuff Lorien!

So all the above then :D

Very well done Mr. LA :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well, there is still plenty left of it, LOL. You make it sound like I sold my collection, but what I sold was pretty much one piece here, one piece there, to individuals I cannot name at this point. Many pieces have found new homes over time, since at one point, I had three of everything (EXCEPT FOR THE SKINNERS):D

Correct, you did not sell the entire collection but I wish that you had, TO ME :D

Can I have of of your future SKINNERS, please? ;) I'm hoping that you will get the usual threesome , no? Maybe two, no? ONE?! :D

My understanding is that there are only a couple handfuls of unprocessed skinners around to be had, presuming Nathan is able to get to them, what with all he has to do otherwise. With that in mind, I doubt I will ever have more than one skinner in the future, as it would be poor form
to go for anything more.

Congratulations, it would be great to accomplish something like that and leave a legacy.

Haha Bob, you mischievous bugger!

I just fell for your new (or newly noticed) signature line: Bob 4:20

For a brief second I was really perplexed as to when you had turned religious before it hit me for real :D
Ha! I really should go landscape mode more often...missing out on some gold in the signatures.

At least I amuse myself :D

screenshot_20191024-055523_gallery-2-jpg.1218915
Must have some feline genes! Time to submit to 23&me or whatever they’re called!

Can anyone tell me why sometimes I can't see the pictures? Like in the above example Mat can apparently see the pic Chip posted but I just see a box with an 'X' in it followed by "" There are a lot of them this way :confused:

ETA: I'm on a laptop

ETA 2: There's supposed to be an open parentheses, then IMG, then a closed parentheses where the quotation marks are but it keeps kicking it out when I try to type it in. Basically I see an X with IMG after it.

Can anyone tell me why sometimes I can't see the pictures? Like in the above example Mat can apparently see the pic Chip posted but I just see a box with an 'X' in it followed by "" There are a lot of them this way :confused:

ETA: I'm on a laptop

ETA 2: There's supposed to be an open parentheses, then IMG, then a closed parentheses where the quotation marks are but it keeps kicking it out when I try to type it in. Basically I see an X with IMG after it.
That's bizarre...the pic is uploaded to BF, can you post a screenshot?

Back