Random Thought Thread

Goddamn robots with their stupid "destroy. all. humans." And "must eat babies for fuel"...

I mean, what the hell?

I found that the correlation between living in fear and slavery to be an essential component and accurate depiction of the control structure that we live in, in all honesty.

you can't call it slavery if it's self imposed. The influence of this culture on our choices is still just an influence, we make our own choices and live with their consequences. Fear, for many people, is also a choice, as many of the threats people perceive are just that, perceptions not tethered to the realities of our situations. My advice is to kill your tv, think twice before looking at your phone, pay off your debt and spend time in a park or other natural place every day. Stay away from Foxes...

it's important to recognize that there are many people who have totally justifiable fears, particularly those at the lowest rungs of the socioeconomic ladder. Lead in your water, brutality in your community, a complete lack of prospects for your children, etc. I don't think anyone in this forum belongs to that lowest rung, so we should all be thankful for that.

if you really have a hankering for some fear, though, there are perfectly legitimate things to worry about

Last edited:
you can't call it slavery if it's self imposed. The influence of this culture on our choices is still just an influence, we make our own choices and live with their consequences. Fear, for many people, is also a choice, as many of the threats people perceive are just that, perceptions not tethered to the realities of our situations. My advice is to kill your tv, think twice before looking at your phone, pay off your debt and spend time in a park or other natural place every day. Stay away from Foxes...

it's important to recognize that there are many people who have totally justifiable fears, particularly those at the lowest rungs of the socioeconomic ladder. Lead in your water, brutality in your community, a complete lack of prospects for your children, etc. I don't think anyone in this forum belongs to that lowest rung, so we should all be thankful for that.

if you really have a hankering for some fear, though, there are perfectly legitimate things to worry about

I couldn't have said this better myself. Excellent thought process there sir-*

Wait wait wait.... You're CANADAIAN? That changes everything.

Hahahah. Canadian...

All life is, is a test. Pass the test, get the blessing. A wise Bear taught me that. I do also believe that our choices to be afraid or accept things that are against our best interests lead to negative things in life. (Sloth, debt etc)

Evil needs for us to take the ticket, choose to eat the poison apple, etc. Or THE EVIL is liable. It's our choice.

End philosophical rant.

Now. About those baby eating robots....

I feel like I ought to start a thread about debt. I’m an expert in debt consolidation and no one knows more about debt than me (I think that someone already said this and got himself to a pretty, pretty, pretty high office somewhere!).

So fear not mon frere, because if you are in debt and you heed to any of my sage advice, you will completely lose your tush!

... Stay away from Foxes...

Wait... what's wrong with Foxes? Are we talking about the animal or something else?

As for the next paragraph, for the avid readers here, there's a book that makes for some interesting reading, for those so inclined. It's called 'Life At The Bottom' by Theodore Dalrymple.

The author writes about his experiences working as a doctor and psychiatrist in the UK, and relates accounts of his experiences with the UK underclass, and how they perpetuate their own situation and misery, by continually making poor decisions, but taking absolutely no responsibility for those choices.

My dad grew up with 7 siblings, raised by his mom on her own, because his dad passed away from a stroke at 42, when my dad was only 5. My grandmother worked hard to provide for her children the best that she could. The oldest of the children (my dad was 4th) worked hard and made sacrifices for their younger siblings.

My dad worked his ass off to provide for us, and give us opportunities he never had (along with putting one of his younger sisters through college).

In my life, I've known single moms who grew up in terrible neighborhoods. Who worked their asses off to provide for their children, because deadbeat dad was nowhere in the picture. Worked hard to move to a better place where they didn't have to worry about the rampant crime and drugs.

Pushed their kids in school, so their grades earned them scholarships, so they could get the college degrees their mom didn't have the opportunity to.

I've also seen and known a few of the, "it's everyone else's fault" types, who continually make crap choices.

Finally got my ti hardware put on my FK2 tonight. What a PITA. Thank god I own a punch set and hammer :p:D

Having mucked around with way more many CPK scales than Father Nathan would give his blessings to, I’d highly recommend that handle scales monkeys like me use a solder to heat up the fasteners to break the Loctite, even the blue type. Also always loosen up the none Carothers logo side first :) But yeah, sometimes you may have to gently tap out the barrels.

Random subject vis a vis lots of robot talk in here lately:

I was passively flipping thru channels last night and landed on Frontline on PBS running a feature on the advancements of AI in China. First of, AI is now much much bigger in authoritative China and they run all kinda Big Brother shyte through their CCTV cameras which are also much more prevalent in their society. Granted their people are a lot more pliant and reticent than the wild bunch who we are in here!

Now here’s the kicker: say that you wanna apply for a loan, mortgage or whatever over there and since everything is done online nowadays, the AI is so finely tuned that it even measures how fast and how deliberately the applicant strikes the keyboard which the AI analyzes as signs of more truthfulness! Another thing, the AI is set up to recognize the level of battery juice left on the phone because apparently the algorithm favors those who charge up their batteries religiously as much better risk than those who operate on empty who are deemed as more likely to go delinquent.

Me? Wow! But quickly, lets hide our CPK Fun Friday’s Sales bang-bang protocol from them prying Chinese :D

Back