Random Thought Thread

07d.jpg

To see that the D3V DEK's are done for now has me pretty bummed out... Especially since all that have been sold so far have been described as "pre-production" pieces. I clearly missed the memo, but I'd been hoping for a more leisurely sale once things quieted down, maybe even a sale that stayed open for an hour or a weekend (that, I realize, was probably highly unlikely). More handle choices, etc.

To see that the D3V DEK's are done for now has me pretty bummed out... Especially since all that have been sold so far have been described as "pre-production" pieces. I clearly missed the memo, but I'd been hoping for a more leisurely sale once things quieted down, maybe even a sale that stayed open for an hour or a weekend (that, I realize, was probably highly unlikely). More handle choices, etc.

These DEK1 were from blades and scales we made before the move, they were limited. I wish I could accommodate a long slow sale of an hour but we would probably get 100-200 orders in that time frame which we would not be able to ship. Not only would that violate the rules of that sales forum it would also conflict with our policy against having too many open pre-orders. We're still shipping the FK2 pre-order from last year and we haven't made enough headway on the K18 yet. It would mean taking your order for a DEK1 and putting it ahead of an FK2 pre-order (can't do that) or taking your order and then making no progress on it (can't do that either). So you see, I'm between a rock and a hard place.

Our capacity is reduced while we continue setup in the new shop and while we focus resources on the K18 project, but we do have some Blade show inventory we built up over the year and some of these pre-production DEK1 I can sprinkle in but that's about it for the sales. We're doing the best we can, but we're a small shop and even when I take precautions to not get over extended we still sometimes run into issues of over promising such as being late on the K18 order. So it's a balancing act and an open order for a new pattern just doesn't responsibly fit. The best I can do is promise to revisit the pattern as soon as possible. :thumbsup:

Random thought:

Every once in a great while a machinist can set a vise or fixture on the machine table and sweep it and find they set it on there perfectly square and it needs no adjustments. it's rare, but it happens, and it's a reasonable excuse to drink a beer on Sunday before noon.

Can I hear an Amen brother Timmy!

Back