Random Thought Thread

Hol’ up...
View attachment 1363791 View attachment 1363792

(Copied this ^ pic from Chip’s post)

Perhaps Nathan is going to perfect the BF logo blade.
Just bladefan nerd info for anyone who didn't already know: the BF logo is a Fairbairn Sykes dagger. Not only the profile of the double edged blade, but the handle profile is easily recognizable.

I personally prefer the handle design of the Applegate Fairbairn, between the 2 historic fighting daggers.

But of the older dagger designs, I like the old Ek dagger blades best. Their handles... well... that's another story.

But one thing we know about Nathan and CPK, is that a lot of thought and work will go into the performance and feel of his iteration's handle.

Random thought:

Every once in a great while a machinist can set a vise or fixture on the machine table and sweep it and find they set it on there perfectly square and it needs no adjustments. it's rare, but it happens, and it's a reasonable excuse to drink a beer on Sunday before noon.

Can I hear an Amen brother Timmy!
A-fucking-men!

I have had the RARE, SUPER RARE occasion that touching off tools magically falls into print with no offsets.

Sometimes even multiple tool replacements can land in print. These are the days that I feel kind of bored for a minute. I remember that it's all just a big bell curve, and th at at some point I will have or have had the exact opposite experience.

View attachment 1363971

When my wife called up from the basement asking if I had a knife.

I like that one a lot, thanks for the laugh. my standard reply to that question used to be
“ Do I have my pants on? “
Then I realized that I often have a knife even if I don’t :)
I was also informed that I run around entirely too often with no pants on. It turns out that it’s frowned upon at the neighborhood beer store- who knew?

View attachment 1363971

When my wife called up from the basement asking if I had a knife.

I like that one a lot, thanks for the laugh. my standard reply to that question used to be
“ Do I have my pants on? “
Then I realized that I often have a knife even if I don’t :)
I was also informed that I run around entirely too often with no pants on. It turns out that it’s frowned upon at the neighborhood beer store- who knew?

Back