Random Thought Thread

I ever tell you about the time I almost severed my middle finger with the North Sword after stepping into a nest of stinging bastards?

*disclaimer...sometimes when I upvote or "like" a post I feel I need to comment and explain further...this is such a time.

I "liked" your post NOT because I found it amusing you almost lost your birdgun...I "liked" it because I hoped it would entice you to further regale us with the tale of your "mis"adventure with the Sword. ;)

random thought: ice cream is cold and hurts my teeth, but I'm not going to be one of those people that eat it by licking...

this-how-dudes-be-eating-ice-cream-in-a-room-43828156.png

:D

All those so called sympathetic price reductions, discounts and forbearances were nice gestures during the first wave of the pandemic but I’ve noticed that Corp America is back with price gauging attempts with a vengeance!

Be mindful of your insurance premiums my CPK friends and shop around.

I made a mistake of buying fresh croissants for Mom yesterday and then leaving the box on the kitchen center isle. I fell sleep on the couch with the dog by my side and then the darn scent of the pastry woke me up way too early. I’m being brave and fighting the urge but I don’t know how much more fight is left in me :D

I made a mistake of buying fresh croissants for Mom yesterday and then leaving the box on the kitchen center isle. I fell sleep on the couch with the dog by my side and then the darn scent of the pastry woke me up way too early. I’m being brave and fighting the urge but I don’t know how much more fight is left in me :D

My low carb journey has been getting tested recently:). I've been making lots of scones for the kids. I have clotted cream and jam. I'm struggling

I posted up a "used, carried and sharpened" Spyderco Domino for sale here a few weeks ago and sold it for my asking price. The knife had been used quite a bit for cutting cardboard and was functionally perfect if not cosmetically. I got a demand from the buyer a few days ago for a full refund because "the blade was hitting the frame and 2 of the clip screws were broken". Needless to say this is not how I sent the knife to him. He had told me that he was planning on changing the scale out when he got it and I believe that he jacked it up while trying to work on it. I hate people that are so dishonest.

I posted up a "used, carried and sharpened" Spyderco Domino for sale here a few weeks ago and sold it for my asking price. The knife had been used quite a bit for cutting cardboard and was functionally perfect if not cosmetically. I got a demand from the buyer a few days ago for a full refund because "the blade was hitting the frame and 2 of the clip screws were broken". Needless to say this is not how I sent the knife to him. He had told me that he was planning on changing the scale out when he got it and I believe that he jacked it up while trying to work on it. I hate people that are so dishonest.

Derrel, further bad news ala adding insults to injury when you get your knife back and issue the refund:

PayPal will charge you that 2.9% + .30 transaction fee irrespective of your full refund to your buyer* (if buyer in the U.S, more if international). PP has abandoned crediting back their transaction fees and have put the onus on the seller. I posted something to this effect in the G/B/U section a while ago but I got the cold shoulder reception from some posters because they were of the opinion that returns do not happen that often on BF.com. Although my beef was more with eBay related sales, unfortunately anyone who accepts PP and then their transaction goes south, will suffer from this shady PP policy.

* as an example, if your knife was $200 and PP had charged you ~$6 PP fees for G&S, that return / refund will cost you your netted amount plus an additional $6 outta your pocket which they will grab either from your bank account or CC on file

Back