Random Thought Thread

Randomly I’ve decided to try a pocket slip for a while. It’s nice. No clip problems either. Now I have “fish the knife out of the pocket with one hand, drop what I’m cutting to use two hands to take it out of the sheath and open it, cut something, drop it again to close the knife and reinsert into sheath” problems

DD41FF1F-9067-46B3-88D7-99AB38FEFEE0.jpeg

Randomly I’ve decided to try a pocket slip for a while. It’s nice. No clip problems either. Now I have “fish the knife out of the pocket with one hand, drop what I’m cutting to use two hands to take it out of the sheath and open it, cut something, drop it again to close the knife and reinsert into sheath” problems

View attachment 1375398
That's why I dangle mine off the belt...

View attachment 1375398

Had a situation come up about 20 years ago working off-shore on a oil platform. Getting safe and untangled from something (ropes and webbing) required access to my knife with one hand. I carried a clipped CRKT in my back pocket in those days. I managed to cut loose, but from then on one hand access and opening is an absolute must for me. 99.999% of the time it's nice to have, but there was that one time it saved my bacon.

I hereby solemnly swear upon all that is holy that I will sell all of my inferior knives to purchase a knife from CPK whose edge is not wrecked when it clacks against a staple hiding under tape. I further swear to use said knife faithfully until the end of my natural life.

Cuz let's face it, a Sebenza, as awesome as they are from a mechanical simplicity stand point, their edges do get wrecked if you blink.

I love my Sebenza. I keep coming back to it. I have lots of outstanding folders but I keep using my Sebenza because I just love that knife. It's an outstanding utility knife. But I think a folder could have good edge durability given the right metallurgy.

Back