Random Thought Thread

Could you imagine a lion biting your balls? I wonder if male lion testicles are tougher than monkey balls? I'm thinking probably not. Do you know how much that would have to suck to have a goddamn lion bite your balls? FTS
I think it's more of a nip, kinda like that sharp kick to the shin under the table...attention getting for sure, and you know there's worse coming if you keep it up.

African Savanah lions are def more peculiar species among big cats as opposed to tigers, jaguars, leopards, pumas or even mountain lions (cougars). Lotta strange and interesting "stuff" happens in a pride of lions as opposed to the other aforementioned big cats! Male lions infanticide (although cases of eating their own also happens with much less regularity) but mostly to purge the cubs of other males to stop rival genes from propagating, and lions kill lionesses much more regularly than the reverse although there are evidences of a pride of lionesses attacking and badly injuring/maiming lions in that pride.

#stillnotjoexotic

:D

The people that gravitate to this group tend to be pretty technical. I like a crowd of folks who appreciate technical minutiae. This makes me happy

tenor.gif

I didn't want to link the NYT article to this photo which I had stolen and posted yesterday because as a tree hugging commie I get pretty riled up about asswipe conglomerates which do their darnest to destroy Mother Nature. Anyway without getting too polidickal, the article related to this Canadian mining Co winning their decades long battles to mine gold in one of Alaska's most pristine locations with huge potential damage to the environment, spawning traveling sockeye salmon and the population/existence of brown bears thereof...

Then quite coincidentally while watching some YT videos of professor Brian Cox who is a famed British astrophysicist (unrelated to the above statement, the mining Co, bears, salmon, Alaska, yada yada!) last night, he said something which completely blew my mind, it really did! He said that the reason gold is such a precious metal is how the element Au (gold) is created and made. According to astrophysicists, some of the much heavier elements such as Au are made under unimaginable pressure and heat which is only possible when huge stars (like 1000 x the mass of our Sun to more) go supernova (not all stars do so as they die) and then Au is made for just under 1 minute under such circumstances in these occurrences which are statistically like one per galaxy per century! Then all that "gold dust" element will have to coalesce as matter in what which becomes a rocky planet with greedy and pricky intelligent life forming on it like 4 billion years or so later <<< These are my words, not his!

In conclusion: yo bears & salmon, yer sooo fudged!

I didn't want to link the NYT article to this photo which I had stolen and posted yesterday because as a tree hugging commie I get pretty riled up about asswipe conglomerates which do their darnest to destroy Mother Nature. Anyway without getting too polidickal, the article related to this Canadian mining Co winning their decades long battles to mine gold in one of Alaska's most pristine locations with huge potential damage to the environment, spawning traveling sockeye salmon and the population/existence of brown bears thereof...

Then quite coincidentally while watching some YT videos of professor Brian Cox who is a famed British astrophysicist (unrelated to the above statement, the mining Co, bears, salmon, Alaska, yada yada!) last night, he said something which completely blew my mind, it really did! He said that the reason gold is such a precious metal is how the element Au (gold) is created and made. According to astrophysicists, some of the much heavier elements such as Au are made under unimaginable pressure and heat which is only possible when huge stars (like 1000 x the mass of our Sun to more) go supernova (not all stars do so as they die) and then Au is made for just under 1 minute under such circumstances in these occurrences which are statistically like one per galaxy per century! Then all that "gold dust" element will have to coalesce as matter in what which becomes a rocky planet with greedy and pricky intelligent life forming on it like 4 billion years or so later <<< These are my words, not his!

In conclusion: yo bears & salmon, yer sooo fudged!

So if I got this right, the mining operation is going to cause damage, but it is worth it?

it's all about the electronics. Gold is super conductive and is super soft and easy to work with. All our phones, computers etc today rely on gold. That's where the money is, and that's why the environment has to suffer I guess.

we're the worst thing to happen to this planet since the dinosaurs- whose leavings we use to shit this place up even worse than we could on our own

Back