Random Thought Thread

it's all about the electronics. Gold is super conductive and is super soft and easy to work with. All our phones, computers etc today rely on gold. That's where the money is, and that's why the environment has to suffer I guess.

we're the worst thing to happen to this planet since the dinosaurs- whose leavings we use to shit this place up even worse than we could on our own
Gold also doesn't corrode/tarnish the way the other 2 common efficient conductors (silver and copper) do, making it a critical element for a lot of electronics.

That it doesn't tarnish or corrode is also what originally made it such a prized metal. Millenia later, "Ooooo... so shiny..." is still a thing.

I wish I had a Holt Specter.

Matt offer him a Phil Specter. Maybe he'll go fir it!

5b2bbd9c4488b30009269863-thumb-640.jpg

Man! I gotta get myself an Air B&B one of these moons to come up there to check out the locale. I'll have to check your local / city ordinances to see if can bring my guns up as a non-resident to do some sport shooting up there.
Matt this is New Mexico, bring what ever you want as long as you legally own it and you're not a convicted fellon you're ok.
Let me know when you get here.

Strange that it is so rare and coveted, yet I have zero interest in owning it.
That's too bad, gold is tagging the all-time high right now...my purchases the last few years are paying off :)

And silver is up over 35% in the last week...more than paid for my DEK-1 and a few more items, along with a HVAC unit and helping quite a bit with a wedding.

Last edited:
I didn't want to link the NYT article to this photo which I had stolen and posted yesterday because as a tree hugging commie I get pretty riled up about asswipe conglomerates which do their darnest to destroy Mother Nature. Anyway without getting too polidickal, the article related to this Canadian mining Co winning their decades long battles to mine gold in one of Alaska's most pristine locations with huge potential damage to the environment, spawning traveling sockeye salmon and the population/existence of brown bears thereof...

Then quite coincidentally while watching some YT videos of professor Brian Cox who is a famed British astrophysicist (unrelated to the above statement, the mining Co, bears, salmon, Alaska, yada yada!) last night, he said something which completely blew my mind, it really did! He said that the reason gold is such a precious metal is how the element Au (gold) is created and made. According to astrophysicists, some of the much heavier elements such as Au are made under unimaginable pressure and heat which is only possible when huge stars (like 1000 x the mass of our Sun to more) go supernova (not all stars do so as they die) and then Au is made for just under 1 minute under such circumstances in these occurrences which are statistically like one per galaxy per century! Then all that "gold dust" element will have to coalesce as matter in what which becomes a rocky planet with greedy and pricky intelligent life forming on it like 4 billion years or so later <<< These are my words, not his!

In conclusion: yo bears & salmon, yer sooo fudged!

Yes, BTG was real good to me this year...doubled my $ in that stock but sold it when this news leaked about about a week ago. "Buy the rumor and sell the fact" at its best, bought it when the whispers were they may finally gain approval and sold when it was confirmed.

Back