Random Thought Thread

Been there, done that. FWIW, there IS light at the end of the tunnel. Trust me on that.

Yeah, I appreciate that, thank you. My main goal is to make sure the kids don’t feel it. I have them Monday to Friday and I want them to come through this with as little damage as possible. I’ll just be retiring later than planned with less money than anticipated but life will certainly go on.

awouwyU.jpg

Wait... wut? Did I miss the announcement on these?
I don't think I ever did an announcement.

I've been wanting to make a small dagger, boot dagger. My inspiration is the integrals by Billy Mace Imel and the fs dagger. it is a deep 3-in hollow grind at the plunge which transitions into a flat grind towards the tip and the bevels twist for a reinforced point. I've been wanting to make one of these for ages and there is a drop from the swords that was just the right size to fit my dagger idea into so I am making these from an area between the sword handles that was just the right size to make my dagger concept. unfortunately there's not that many drops, so there won't be very many. Which is probably a good thing, because this kind of geometry cannot really be hand ground it takes CNC machining and this really isn't very good from a machine utilization point of view, but we do have our machines back up and going again and you know, it's just a few of them and it's fun.

I don't think I ever did an announcement.

I've been wanting to make a small dagger, boot dagger. My inspiration is the integrals by Billy Mace Imel and the fs dagger. it is a deep 3-in hollow grind at the plunge which transitions into a flat grind towards the tip and the bevels twist for a reinforced point. I've been wanting to make one of these for ages and there is a drop from the swords that was just the right size to fit my dagger idea into so I am making these from an area between the sword handles that was just the right size to make my dagger concept. unfortunately there's not that many drops, so there won't be very many. Which is probably a good thing, because this kind of geometry cannot really be hand ground it takes CNC machining and this really isn't very good from a machine utilization point of view, but we do have our machines back up and going again and you know, it's just a few of them and it's fun.
Ugh. That means I'll likely have next to no chance on one of these beauties.

Back