Random Thought Thread

these people are recognized and appreciated and are the prime reason why we do pre-orders for popular patterns that are not being satisfied in regular Friday sales. We will have a DEK1 pre-order this Friday for this reason. It will help cool things down and allow the sales to progress in a more sane manner.

All of your patterns are very popular. I'm glad that you didn't talk yourself out of the DEK1 preorder. What were you even thinking silly?!

ETA: I know that you are very clever but I have concluded that when the chips are down, I will count on NinJo's smarts ;)

#nathanisclever
#joisverysmart
#advantagejo

:p

#abettershotoo

Was taxi-ing home the other day. I was in the very back seat. I looked up in time to see a hand raised just off the shoulder. I was more than a bit upset the cabbie didn't feel inclined to stop or say anything.

I said, "Was that a person?"
"Yeah"
"Well, are you going to stop?"
"You tell me what to do, sir."
"Well, f-ing stop!"
Long story short, we did little other than call 911. 40yr old fella driving into work. Said many vehicles passed by. Hoping he is alright. Didn't notice any rubber; figure he hit it at speed. Poor fella. Poor deer.

A few more quick thoughts, though I think you over indexed on the money thing (perhaps because of my less-than-sound logical statements).

No idea. Could you draw the conclusion for me? I may have simpler thoughts than you expect.

I'd bet right alongside you.

I agree with this philosophy and find it consistently demonstrated very clearly.

But then there's this statement, which kinda sounds like "they should charge more, let's run an auction." Maybe it's more fair. Maybe it's not. Who am I to judge. These are troubles I'm glad I don't have.

My core thought is that no matter what way an item is sold if there is more demand than supply there will be unhappy folks. Trying to solve for reducing the number of unhappy folks without increasing the supply is difficult.

Not at all to charge more. Let the market decide.

Keep making knives and see what happens. What if Nathan used money from the higher selling ones to take the lowest bidders on an additional 10 and average the sales prices out? There are more possible outcomes.

Was taxi-ing home the other day. I was in the very back seat. I looked up in time to see a hand raised just off the shoulder. I was more than a bit upset the cabbie didn't feel inclined to stop or say anything.

I said, "Was that a person?"
"Yeah"
"Well, are you going to stop?"
"You tell me what to do, sir."
"Well, f-ing stop!"
Long story short, we did little other than call 911. 40yr old fella driving into work. Said many vehicles passed by. Hoping he is alright. Didn't notice any rubber; figure he hit it at speed. Poor fella. Poor deer.
If that's a downed cruiser/touring bike that did that to the deer, yeah, I'd say he hit it at speed. He's lucky to be alive.

I've had a Hinderer FXM in S35VN rust after I washed it (dish soap, tap water) and not wipe it dry for a day :(, so not the best experience. I left a XM 18 in 20CV wet for days...

Cheers!
C.

I’ve had S90V do that too. None of the the typical stainless is stain/rust proof.

But folks have even reported Spyderco’s rust proof H1 to spot occasionally. That stuff can sit submerged in saltwater for days/weeks and come out clean. The explanation there has been that another steel was likely used on the same grinding belt, leaving more rust prone steel residue ground into the surface layer.

Anyway, made me think of that and wonder.

It's finally Friday

HandyDecentAnemoneshrimp-max-1mb.gif

Back