Random Thought Thread

Eddie and Norm, full brothers, best pals, training today with Norm’s dad. What a pair.
View attachment 1424668

What's the game there?

I always liked having a retriever in the mix on upland game birds. Maybe the best dog work I ever got to enjoy was a day on Chukar and Quail down on the Snake River. My buddy's Brittany pointed probably 19 of the 20 birds (we limited out) that day, and my Golden retrieved every bird that day. It was one of those magical days that you could go back to for the rest of your life. Somehow having the two dogs that day just clicked.

Last edited:
What's the game there?

I always liked having a retriever in the mix on upland game birds. Maybe the best dog work I ever got to enjoy was a day on Chukar and Quail down on the Snake River. My buddy's Brittany pointed probably 19 of the 20 birds (we limited out) that day, and my Golden retrieved every bird that day. It was one of those magical days that you could go back to for the rest of your life. Somehow having the two dogs that day just clicked.
Bird hunting with dogs is the best.

Whenever I buy beer at the grocery store they always say "Oh are you having a party?" I don't like it... I feel like they're judging me...

Early on during the quarantine I took a trip to the liquor store to stock up. Used a cart and even needed to use the little area underneath and where a toddler would've sat. Checkout lady rang me up without inquiry or funny looks. I suppose that's Wisconsin for you but it did make me wonder what it'd take for her to ask wtf I'm doing with all of it.

Early on during the quarantine I took a trip to the liquor store to stock up. Used a cart and even needed to use the little area underneath and where a toddler would've sat. Checkout lady rang me up without inquiry or funny looks. I suppose that's Wisconsin for you but it did make me wonder what it'd take for her to ask wtf I'm doing with all of it.
You were probably the 57th customer of the day, doing that.:p

Back