Random Thought Thread

Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say
But forty comes out when they remove their pants
Just a bunch of fourty ants
And forty fourties act like they forgot about France

^That was just a "Forgot about Dre" joke gone horribly wrong, it ignores the spirit of Forty vs Fourty and is just the worst, I am sorry

Last edited:
I’m curious what my fellow knife enthusiast enjoy when it comes to wine.

Anyone out there recommend a Central Coast or Sonoma county, perhaps even Russian River oaked Chardonnay, bold but balanced sweetness, and more on the softer side. Nothing too far on the acidic.
I like Peachy Canyon Cabernet and 7 Deadly Zins

Anyone out there recommend a Central Coast or Sonoma county, perhaps even Russian River oaked Chardonnay, bold but balanced sweetness, and more on the softer side. Nothing too far on the acidic.

There is some good wine floating around here (central coast), but since a heavy month is when I’ve had two glasses, and I have never had a sense of smell, I’m not qualified to speak on it. My wife is in a wine club and we have a pretty good stash, I’m not sure why. She doesn’t drink much either. I think that it’s partly the idea of it, and partly to support a small local winery.

I’ll find a suggestion or two (or to, or too, or tu) and get back to you. Mike

Last edited:
Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say
But forty comes out when they remove their pants
Just a bunch of fourty ants
And forty fourties act like they forgot about France

^That was just a "Forgot about Dre" joke gone horribly wrong, it ignores the spirit of Forty vs Fourty and is just the worst, I am sorry
Goodness, you SHOULD be....

I would second the recommendation of Cakebread Chardonnay and would also suggest trying a bottle of Mer Soleil, which is an affordable ($20.00) Santa Lucia Highlands wine by the Wagner Family. Same family that bottles the excellent Camus Cabernets. During my professional years when I was entertaining clients everyone I introduced Mer Soleil to loved it. The standard one is oaked while the silver label is unoaked. Cheers !

Four and for are homophones. Different words with different meanings and different spellings that are pronounced the same. Because English is stupid.

But. Four times 10 is "forty". That's stupid. It should be spelled fourty. "Forty" should be an adverb that is something that is particularly for something. Like "wow, that so much for something it's forty something". "Fourty" should be a number. For example, "compact disk players are forty fourty year olds."

...nevermind...
The weird stuff that sticks in your memory...

I remember winning a speed spelling bee when I was... 7? By spelling forty without the 'u'.

As for what it should be, I concur, the number should logically be spelled 'fourty'.

The word 'forty' could be used thus: Wow... your new house looks really forty. Should be easy to fend off attacking hordes.

Back