Random Thought Thread

View attachment 1454707

I'm sorry, this is just the biggest anything I've ever piloted

That’s a little one for us. We do donuts in those ones and drive them on the front wheels when we shift loads between two machines when doing twin lifts on steel.

When you discharge pulp in the rain you slide them into the bin on the smooth concrete and have them floored in neutral to lift the load into the pile. You tilt them forward and they start to tip forward but you rest the load on the pile then release it and get into reverse with good timing.

We drive em’ like it’s a ballet!

On the really little machines we use to unload rail cars we generally use what we call a surf board attachment. It’s kinda like a surf board looking thing, it’s about 2 feet wide and 4 feet long tapering down to about 1/8” inch thick at the tip. You slide them under a unit and use balance and friction to move it. It’s probably the hardest job skill level wise.

Here is the best pic I have to show the attachment and machine.

CFD312E3-D761-470A-A38B-0CBB16CC5051.jpeg

To load trailers and build piles in the shed we use bigger machines with clamps that grip from the sides and can lift multiple units at once.

Last edited:

We did a lot of pulp for Saga and Star when I worked in VanWa, never used the flat forks, only the clamps/squeezes.

Don’t mean it judgy, but glad the no seatbelt worked for you on that one :thumbsup:, a longshoreman in SoCal got himself deceased when he hit a pillar in a warehouse and went thru the front of the machine and headered into said pillar. Of course speed, inattention, and illegal substances played a large part on that one :(

Winston

Back