Random Thought Thread

Many years ago a colleague gave me what I thought was a chunk of chocolate. It was a piece of thick cut bacon covered in chocolate made by one of the fancy chocolatiers on Madison Avenue. It tasted like salt, bacon grease, and milk. It was foul. She was very proud of herself.

The bacon milkshakes I’ve had are just vanilla milkshakes with crispy bits of bacon swirled in, they are good, probably worse than a plain vanilla milkshake though. The bacon part just makes me feel fat and cool.
That's why you get the caramel and chocolate swirled in as well. It's like a chocolate salted caramel with a hint of lard. Yum

Last edited:
Was at a buffet once upon a time that had a liquid chocolate fountain for strawberrys, sundaes, etc... there was a sign in front of it that said “please don’t dip bacon in the chocolate.”

After I got done thinking about how gross that was (love chocolate, love bacon - just not together) I realized they had to put the sign there because somebody had indeed been dipping their bacon in the fountain...

Winston

Had a Voodoo maple bacon donut years ago on a business trip...was awesome

I do like the occasional Voodoo donut but, to be fair, I don't find them to be worth the hype and the long stupid lines - goes to show marketing works. Next time you are in the area, let me know - one Voodoo shop is better/more accessible than the other (shhhhh).

I do like the occasional Voodoo donut but, to be fair, I don't find them to be worth the hype and the long stupid lines - goes to show marketing works. Next time you are in the area, let me know - one Voodoo shop is better/more accessible than the other (shhhhh).

IIRC, it was $42 for the dozen that the sales guy bought, and that was over 10 years ago:eek:

Back