Random Thought Thread

BTW, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed BF being noticeably laggier 24/7 (not just during CPK sales) since sometime last year?

I'm seeing lag on ANY/EVERY page loading, that I don't recall from 2019 or earlier. I don't see this lag on other sites or forums, so I don't think it's my internet connection (Speedtest shows ~110Mbps DL at home. Phone data speed obviously varies).

Yeah.
BTW, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed BF being noticeably laggier 24/7 (not just during CPK sales) since sometime last year?

I'm seeing lag on ANY/EVERY page loading, that I don't recall from 2019 or earlier. I don't see this lag on other sites or forums, so I don't think it's my internet connection (Speedtest shows ~110Mbps DL at home. Phone data speed obviously varies).
Laggy to load on my phone and computer.

A rope 80 feet long is fixed on top of 2 poles which are each 50 feet high. If these poles are pulled apart till the rope sags to 10 feet off the ground, how far are these poles from each other? Don't cheat by looking it up!

Clue: you won't need to know quadratic equations and things like Cosh and Sinh to work this one out!

A rope 80 feet long is fixed on top of 2 poles which are each 50 feet high. If these poles are pulled apart till the rope sags to 10 feet off the ground, how far are these poles from each other? Don't cheat by looking it up!

Clue: you won't need to know quadratic equations and things like Cosh and Sinh to work this one out!
This is a trick question not needing analysis of the catenary.
It can only sag to half its length if the distance between poles is zero.

A little while back I asked for insight in Stowa watches and thought I’d share my score:

B9875342-C6FA-473A-85DC-FE053D4CC7B6.jpeg C7EE0C6D-6DB9-401E-8BBF-FE9B242CAE2B.jpeg

You can’t tell from the picture, but the hands are blued but only glint blue at the right angle and in the right light. It’s a very subtle charm. Like most people, I justify all my expensive purchases by immediately loving them, but I truly think this one is a long-term winner. I knew guys here would have impeccable tastes; surely there is an overlap between passion for amazing knives and pretty much every other aspect of life.

Last edited:
A little while back I asked for insight in Stowa watches and thought I’d share my score:

View attachment 1521348 View attachment 1521349

You can’t tell from the picture, but the handles are blued but only glint blue at the right angle and in the right light. It’s a very subtle charm. Like most people,I justify all my expensive purchases by immediately loving them, but I truly think this one is a long-term winner. I knew guys here would have impeccable tastes; surely there is an overlap between passion for amazing knives and pretty much every other aspect of life.
I don't know from watches, but that is one of the nicest ones to my eye I've seen

Back