Random Thought Thread

I received birthday money from my brother-in-law and asked my wife what I should put it towards to which she said "whatever you like hun, it is yours to spend".

I replied explaining that it was hard because I don't really want anything (I generally don't really like or have many things), then with a slight pause..."except knives".

She then said well use it for that!
And I explained I was waiting for my favourite maker to release something.

Nathan it is now your turn.

So February 15 I weighed in and tipped the scales at 288. By damn far the fattest Ive ever been. So I started Weight watchers with the wife and am down to 266 today. No exercise, just being accountable and tracking the garbage I was shoveling down.

Well, today I cleaned up the garage and picked up a few weights.....because I certainly wasn’t “lifting” weights.

4 years ago at 245 I could bench 365. Today 1 set of 10 at 135 made me feel like a toddler.....

Gentlemen, I’m bringing it back. Time to drop these B cups for a chest again.......I already ditched the size 40s for 38s and had to drill out 3 new holes in the belt.

I’m going from
E3A55D74-AC5B-4560-A4FA-9BB8BF148DE8.jpeg

To this....

I received birthday money from my brother-in-law and asked my wife what I should put it towards to which she said "whatever you like hun, it is yours to spend".

I replied explaining that it was hard because I don't really want anything (I generally don't really like or have many things), then with a slight pause..."except knives".

She then said well use it for that!
And I explained I was waiting for my favourite maker to release something.

Nathan it is now your turn.

Kepharts in three weeks. "Entry level" 5" Field Knife in three months. 7" Super Duty Field Knife in four months. Dope as hell 6" Utility Fighter2 in six months (this is going to be a classic), and a goddamn folder by the end of the year. 2021 is going to be bananas.

Kepharts in three weeks. "Entry level" 5" Field Knife in three months. 7" Super Duty Field Knife in four months. Dope as hell 6" Utility Fighter2 in six months (this is going to be a classic), and a goddamn folder by the end of the year. 2021 is going to be bananas.
Heck yeah man, so keen! Especially the UF2. So excited for that.

I love the smell of Kepharts in May. Smells like . . . victory.

Gravelface Gravelface Yes! This is what I am talking about!! Burn the fat away with some rational eating (lot of low calorie density food- vegetables, fruit) and some cardio, do some lifting and your health will thank you for it.
Keep it up man!

Kephart in 3 weeks..... I am still not decided, should I go for Kephart or the UF2.....but waiting half a year for the UF2.....that is half a year without new knife...

Ps, any description or pictures of some changes/mods you can reveal? ;)

I’m liking what I’m hearing for later this year! 99% of what I collect are hunting knives and pocket knives, but the UF2 sounds like something I need in my life, and who doesn’t need another pocket knife!

I’m getting happy.

Nathan thanks for giving me something to plan for this coming year.:eek:
This last year was so uncertain.:(

Will the entry level 5” field knife have the same handle scales as the FK2?

It sucks that 2020 was so bad for some. For me? Awesome! I was able to “work from home” for 3.5 months, I got a ton accomplished around the house, my garden was fantastic all summer and gave us plenty of canning work, I socially distanced on my motorcycle for a good chunk of time and also took a hiking/camping trip to VT where I got engaged. I acquired many fine ass knives as well.

Fk received sweet new lighting tats yesterday courtesy of a staple that went askew inside the end of a 2x8.

hLs65vi.jpg

Back