Random Thought Thread

The Amazing Virginian

Gold Member
We got the DEK1 pre-order finished six weeks early. I'm going to drink a beer now. :thumbsup:

We'll get the Kepharts rolling really good and then start the next pre-order soon. Probably the new Utility Fighter 2. It's on a schedule due to a large customer order so we're already getting started on it.
Good job, and congrats!

Big DJ

Gold Member
We just came back from a few days in the mountains of northern New Mexico. Jesus it was beautiful. 9500ft and springtime has sprung. I wish I could live up there. Btw a CPK EDC3 is an excellent companion for my needs.

I have a set of Burlap. If my youngest son doesn't want them I'll sell them to you and take a loss since I wasn't smart enough to buy them with the pre-order. Others have helped me out before so I don't mind returning the favor.
Dude as cool as that is of you I’ll play this one smart.
I’ll pre order a dek2 with them when the time comes and swap them out

000Robert

Gold Member
Dude as cool as that is of you I’ll play this one smart.
I’ll pre order a dek2 with them when the time comes and swap them out

Oh yeah, I forgot that the scales will fit both. With the Biden Inflation, you might have saved money buying them from me... time will tell.
These have never been mounted and have silver hardware. I just received them Saturday. I should know by this evening if he wants them.

Mine-16a.jpg

WValtakis

Hand Engraving, Ti anodizing, and mods
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Just made some slime from PVA glue and borax, as a proof of concept for my tomorrow´s hour. It´s funny how me, a 27 y.o. nerd could be fascinated with something as basic as a non-newtonian fluid. 🤓
I'm 42 and still play with stuff like that, I have zero legitimate use for ferrofluid but that didn't stop me from buying some😂

Last edited:

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
In business, all your customers are special.

God I have worked in e-commerce and efullfillment far too long

Yes. You are a special customer. You are all special customers. You are a unique and special snowflake. However, the military (who this knife was designed with and for in the first place) is literally a special customer.

Yes. You are a special customer. You are all special customers. You are a unique and special snowflake. However, the military (who this knife was designed with and for in the first place) is literally a special customer.
Pleased you had some luck with a big contract

and respectfully, never refer to me as a snowflake again please

Cap’n Smudge

Gold Member
Basic Member
I have a friend who sends out a version of this annually. I’ve toned it down a bit, but it always makes me feel special.

“Not every flower can say love, but a rose can. Not every plant can survive a drought, but a cactus can. Not every dumbass can read, but look at you go little buddy! Today you should take a moment and send an encouraging message to a messed up friend, just as I have done.
I don’t care if you lick windows or screw farm animals. You hang in there cupcake because you’re f-ing special to me, and you’re my friend.
Look at you smiling at your phone you crayon eating MFer.”

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Pleased you had some luck with a big contract

and respectfully, never refer to me as a snowflake again please

Lol, sorry my bad.

it's not a "big contract" but it's shaping up to be a couple hundred knives which is pretty big for us. We don't normally resume a retired pattern but this knife was the best fit for them. We no longer have the tooling to make the original and rather than recreate it I decided to refresh the pattern a little. The Shiv was on the table too. Folks would have lost their minds if we'd have dusted that one off but the UF was selected amongst all of our patterns as the best choice.