Random Thought Thread

This right here is why I can't understand why people carry expensive folders and use crappy unsharpened knives on cooking duty.
Difference between jewelry and actual use. There are a LOT of carried folders that aren't really ever used to cut anything.

I know more than a few people whose ONLY sharp knives are the ones that haven't ever been used. Any of their knives that have had some use (mostly in1 the kitchen) are almost butter knife dull.

Most people don't know how to sharpen a knife, and as such, there are plenty of folks who don't use their fashion accessories for fear that they'll never be as sharp as they were from the factory again.

Folks who know how to sharpen their knives aren't afraid to use them, because most can potentially put an even keener edge on their knives than they originally came with.

Reminds me of my undercover days with the mob and outlaw motorcycle gangs in the 80's. The best undercovers could craft a persona and story very close to the truth...but...not the truth.

You just have to get them to believe.

On a brighter note...

...I just got a shipping notice for two!!! How do you like them apples? 😎

I'm jealous of your shipping notice! I wish it were mine...

Reminds me of my undercover days with the mob and outlaw motorcycle gangs in the 80's. The best undercovers could craft a persona and story very close to the truth...but...not the truth.

You just have to get them to believe.

On a brighter note...

...I just got a shipping notice for two!!! How do you like them apples? 😎
Looks like a very interesting life with some awesome campfire stories

It's been an interesting ride and I'm thankful I'm still here to tell some of the tales. I've gotten to do many or most of the things on my misguided bucket list, but am fully aware that I hardly register compared to those whose experiences and bravery leave me humbled and in awe.

I appreciate the kind words, deserved or not. (As Clint said..."a man's got to know his limitations." )

picsoritdiddnthappen.....

uh later... after.
2012022436ic3b1igo-montoya.jpg

"For a moment there I thought we had quite the conundrum..."

This is sort of what getting wired up back in those days looked like, (though it doesn't show the Nagra recorder which was worn as a backup to the Kel transmitter)...

wired.png

And this is what it felt like...

its_always_sunny_in_philadelphia_season_3_episode_14_41_f880.jpg

And you prayed the whole time that you wouldn't be frisked by the bad guys...or...that you could somehow divert their attention...which I had to do on one occasion...demanding that they strip along with me as I started to unbutton my shirt. They didn't want to get undressed and that saved my bacon.

Back