Random Thought Thread

View attachment 1609374

The new Basic 5 inch Field Knife. I intended for this to be distributed on Amazon as a gateway drug, but Jo is not having it...

10 3/8" total length. 3/16" stock thickness. .040 BTE, 20 DPS. HRC 60.5 Delta 3V. 10 ounces.

The handles are a little thinner, there's no thumb ramp jimping, it isn't skeletonized, and the chamfers are minimal. It was designed as an experiment to make an affordable knife to introduce on Amazon, although I'm been talked out of distributing there so I guess we'll sell them here and on our website.

I don't expect this pattern to be popular with people accustomed to our signature products but it will be a hell of a good value for just a simple basic knife.
Haven't been around too much lately, but have been trying to keep up with you guys. Good call on skipping Amazon!!! :thumbsup: Also, I suspect that your more affordable line is going to be quite a bit more popular than you think, with pretty much everyone, especially once word is out about it. Keep those spindles turning... :D :cool:

View attachment 1609374

The new Basic 5 inch Field Knife. I intended for this to be distributed on Amazon as a gateway drug, but Jo is not having it...

10 3/8" total length. 3/16" stock thickness. .040 BTE, 20 DPS. HRC 60.5 Delta 3V. 10 ounces.

The handles are a little thinner, there's no thumb ramp jimping, it isn't skeletonized, and the chamfers are minimal. It was designed as an experiment to make an affordable knife to introduce on Amazon, although I'm been talked out of distributing there so I guess we'll sell them here and on our website.

I don't expect this pattern to be popular with people accustomed to our signature products but it will be a hell of a good value for just a simple basic knife.

This will fly off the shelves .... it's a completely new market category.

I don't know the price yet, but given your signature knives are already well priced, and - as you say - this will be more affordable, I suggest to ready yourself for much demand. And the size is a sweet spot for many of us.

View attachment 1609374

I'm in

J5tzV5c.jpg

v7ZRJb8.jpg

vK0Gprq.jpg

Back