Random Thought Thread

J5tzV5c.jpg

v7ZRJb8.jpg

vK0Gprq.jpg
Is that OD micarta with orange liners?!😍

If someone were to reply "all knives matter" there'd be little subtlety remaining. Don't get me wrong...I get the intended humor in the post, Roland, it's just that it's bound to raise a few hackles. I haven't checked the "back end" to see if it's been reported. Maybe I'll go have a look.

Personally, I don't know why it has to be a contentious discussion. If I think about it though, any time one suggests a "Exhibit A vs. Exhibit B" discussion, folks tend to get riled up and forget to be objective.

If someone were to reply "all knives matter" there'd be little subtlety remaining. Don't get me wrong...I get the intended humor in the post, Roland, it's just that it's bound to raise a few hackles. I haven't checked the "back end" to see if it's been reported. Maybe I'll go have a look.
One of these mornings, I guess. I’ll delete it. Thanks.

I've never owned a Busse.
I guess their marketing department forgot to film a crazy guy calmly describing heat treat procedures while chopping up cinder blocks...
They have plenty of those videos!!

Both from their own employees, and from customers.

More destruction videos on Busse than just about any knife manufacurer I can think of!!

NOSS destruction videos are crazy.

I've owned a and used about 13 models from Busse (I've used more than that also). Stellar stuff.

Nobody wants to touch my new thread with a fence pole. I wonder why ? LOL

I have not used any Carothers knives. I do own other customs in CPM3V (great steel, and I love it).

I did not comment on your other thread about comparisons, because I had only used Busse and Swamp Rat.

People do get their knickers twisted about trivial stuff.

I like a lot of brands and custom makers.

I am glad Busse/Swamp Rat and Scrap Yard are producing great knives.

I am just as glad CPK is producing stellar knives. The more the merrier!!

Last edited:
I have one simple comment in that GKD thread about the two knives.

A comment I will reserve for here is that I feel the brand ethic I see also plays into my personal decision on a knife. Here we get a certain vibe. Every time I go look around the other sub forum I get the feeling I walked in on a bunch of drunken pirates. The whole "let's drink!" theme just isn't my jam and I've never hung out long enough to find out too much more.

Here? I like it here. I'll stay here. I prefer evil genius over drunk pirate.

One of these mornings, I guess. I’ll delete it. Thanks.

ferider ferider

What's hilarious in all this is that the thread you were referring to earlier, (Busse vs. CPK), didn't register on my radar at all and I thought what was being referred to was your tongue in cheek comment about "black knives matter". I guess I've been so conditioned to look for smoke and fire on the forum where someone is offended by the comments of another member, that I missed the other potential conflagration.

That'll teach me. ☺️

As to the thread I should have been looking at...

I have owned multiples from both...and now only own multiples of one.

Back