Random Thought Thread

I was always a believer in Nathan’s Delta 3V, but today I am a firm believer. My tin snips broke and had to finish a cut, so instead of a 75 minute round trip to get new ones, I sawed and hammered the EDC2 through the last 4 inches of 16g sheet metal. No chips, no rolls, no damage. It’s sure as hell not sharp now but I am truly impressed it didn’t take any damage. This is good schitt man. I’ll get some pictures up later.

PS- don’t do this with your knife, it’s probably not a good idea.

I was always a believer in Nathan’s Delta 3V, but today I am a firm believer. My tin snips broke and had to finish a cut, so instead of a 75 minute round trip to get new ones, I sawed and hammered the EDC2 through the last 4 inches of 16g sheet metal. No chips, no rolls, no damage. It’s sure as hell not sharp now but I am truly impressed it didn’t take any damage. This is good schitt man. I’ll get some pictures up later.

PS- don’t do this with your knife, it’s probably not a good idea.

rod-dcsdscd_big.png

"It was just another workday for Murph...that is, until his tin snips broke...and he found himself in the Carothers Zone..."

The 4" to 5" arena has always, in my experience, been a sweet spot for most outdoor / field / trekking / backpacking / canoeing (etc) activities.

Personally, I've never felt the need to pack longer...and always relied upon a saw or small hatchet if I needed something dedicated to an anticipated task. (And a hatchet, even something diminutive like the mini from Gransfors Bruks, was a rarity.)

I've stayed out as long as five weeks at a go and never found myself wanting.

Since this is the place for random/trivial thoughts: ....

The other thing that strikes me is that the price range for the 5 knives is roughly $125 - $400. And - while the steels are only slightly different from a users perspective (the Spydie has PSF27 and the Buck BOS CPM 3V) - the shape difference (weight, handle & blade geometry) matters much more to me, and I like all 5 knives equally. :)

Last edited:
Back