Random Thought Thread

I like pumpkin beer
ap_grave_digging_competition_03_jc_160603_16x9_992.jpg

"The way I hear it, he admitted to liking "pumpkin beer", the poor old sod."

Thanks for the weird stories fellas.. I find them incredibly interesting. I've got a few, but I'll rattle off a quick one since I posed the question:

When I lived out in the country, I got very used to the roads/route that left from my house to the highway. One inevitably begins to learn the road so well that you tend to speed (at least I did). So one night I'm driving to get to the main highway so I can go to the grocery store and it starts to rain as I'm making my way. There wasn't a lot of dangerous bends in the road, just a few gradual windey slopes... a so I was probably going about 50mph.

Out of nowhere, I get this voice in my head that "if a deer jumped out in front of you, you wouldn't have enough reaction time.. don't forget the road is wet". As foolish as it sounds - it wasn't me talking to myself. Up until that point I had never seen a deer on that road though I had seen them off the highway.

Anyways, the moment that voice hit my head with the warning I let off the gas completely, I was kind of confused so I let the car slow to a crawl.. as the car got done to about 20mph I noticed a spooky looking figure "hunched" off on the side of the road in the rain. I came to a complete stop and the figure unfolded itself and casually, slowly, walked in front of my car (I had come to a complete stop at that point) - it was a deer.. damn thing walked in front of my car as cool as a cucumber and stared at me like "that wasn't supposed to happen, I was supposed to kill you". Then it casually and slowly walked off.. definitely wasn't any "deer blinded by the headlights" type of deal.

To this day I still believe that deer would have killed me had I not been warned. I wouldn't have had enough reaction time, everything was wet.. would have clipped that sucker and veered off the road and drove straight into the trees. The whole episode was spooky as shit, as was the perfection of the timing. Damn thing look at me like he was angry he didn't get me.

Last edited:
Back