Random Thought Thread

I did that last year after one flew up from between my deck boards and got me. Found the nest just below, hit it with my hose and stomped the living crap out of 'em.
Old picture, (it's stained now), but the little bastid that got me came up from the boards right behind the chair in the corner of the image. That's when he unleashed the Tombstone moment on his brethren...

Deck-View2.jpg

My maternal grandfather, a Sicilian immigrant who came to the U.S. as a young boy and who went on to become a master machinist at the Brooklyn Navy Yard years later...(and put his younger brothers through law, medical and engineering schools), was the one who gave me my first knives when I was a young boy of six or seven in the late 50's, and taught me to always have one with me.

He died in 1962 and not a day goes by I don't think of him and thank him for his love and all the lessons he taught me as a young boy, from the love of music and gadgets to the appreciation of one's trusty tools.

County has declared a state of emergency due to the rain, flooding and damage to roads, structures, etc.

At least one person has died in Pisgah National Forest along Rte. 276 from a tree that fell on two vehicles...killing one, and sending at least three others by air to receive emergency medical assistance.

I made sure to attend to the gutters, as well as the drainage ditches along our property a few days ago...and so far, so good. But we're expecting at least 4" or more today.

Big fun...

rainy day.jpgrain2.jpgrain.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-17 11.03.27 AM.png

County has declared a state of emergency due to the rain, flooding and damage to roads, structures, etc.

At least one person has died in Pisgah National Forest along Rte. 276 from a tree that fell on two vehicles...killing one, and sending at least three others by air to receive emergency medical assistance.

I made sure to attend to the gutters, as well as the drainage ditches along our property a few days ago...and so far, so good. But we're expecting at least 4" or more today.

Big fun...

View attachment 1621839View attachment 1621840View attachment 1621841

View attachment 1621853
Yep, there was a tornado just a little north of us. We lost some pretty good sized limbs yesterday and it looks like we are in for more this afternoon/evening. :(

Yep, there was a tornado just a little north of us. We lost some pretty good sized limbs yesterday and it looks like we are in for more this afternoon/evening. :(
We're under a tornado watch here as well. Don't usually see them in the mountains as much, though they did have one adjacent to the location I was going to for my second Covid vaccination. Had to hastily turn around and return the following day.

Be careful guys. Like you, we're surrounded by trees...including some pretty big ones right outside our home.

Back