Random Thought Thread

305164-oh-yoko--0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

Now I really want a DEK 1 !

I work 20 minutes from busse (haven't owned any yet) but have wanted a cpk knife for a long long time

Very happy !

When I get some time I'll see what else it'll go through lol

Last edited:
thank you :)

actually I now have 2 kepharts (haha) one in AEBL and one in D3V. still waiting on them. AEBL shoulda arrived in another month. trying to justify buying a basic 5 field knife tomorrow.
If you don't have, or haven't tried a CPK FK2, the BFK is a great option.

Just my opinion/observations: the Kephart is a timeless design, paying homage to Horace's original, but CPK's FK2 and BFK are the results of technical ability beyond what was easily available/reproducible in Horace's day.

I've detailed it in posts before (but I don't expect folks to have been able to read the entirety of the CPK forum), but the FK2's handle (and the BFK can swap handle scales with the FK2) has been designed and contoured to be much more comfortable for extended usage, especially when applying more pressure (i.e. bushcraft, wood carving/shaving etc.).

I really like both the DEK1 and FK2, which are similar in size, but the FK2's handle is optimized for comfort in extended use (especially when applying more force). The BFK is pretty much a slightly longer (and stabbier) version of the FK2.

I have a CPK Kephart as well, but simply put, I would pick either of the FKs (FK2 or BFK), or the DEK1 over the Kephart every time if I'm taking just one fixed blade in the 4" - 5" blade range.

Turns out we were both right:

Araneus diadematus – The European Garden Spider

Araneus diadematus, also called the European garden spider or the cross spider is an orb weaver spider with an iconic ...
They, (at least the ones I've seen around outside my home), are truly beautiful spiders, with incredible markings and beautiful webs. When they collapse into a ball, they look like a small crab.

Has anyone heard from grogimus grogimus ?

Sadly no! I had texted him a few times in the last few months but there has been total silence since early April. The last time I followed up was in June and still nothing. If I hear from him, I will let you know.

ETA: a few in here were on Dan's social media accounts but I don't have any of those fancy stuff.

Yep i would say so looking at the handle of the BFK vs FK2.
looks like a winner. always loved those kind of handles ( and 'broomstick' handle like the kephart).

gonna try to land one BFK.

If you don't have, or haven't tried a CPK FK2, the BFK is a great option.

Just my opinion/observations: the Kephart is a timeless design, paying homage to Horace's original, but CPK's FK2 and BFK are the results of technical ability beyond what was easily available/reproducible in Horace's day.

I've detailed it in posts before (but I don't expect folks to have been able to read the entirety of the CPK forum), but the FK2's handle (and the BFK can swap handle scales with the FK2) has been designed and contoured to be much more comfortable for extended usage, especially when applying more pressure (i.e. bushcraft, wood carving/shaving etc.).

I really like both the DEK1 and FK2, which are similar in size, but the FK2's handle is optimized for comfort in extended use (especially when applying more force). The BFK is pretty much a slightly longer (and stabbier) version of the FK2.

I have a CPK Kephart as well, but simply put, I would pick either of the FKs (FK2 or BFK), or the DEK1 over the Kephart every time if I'm taking just one fixed blade in the 4" - 5" blade range.

Just like Bill & Ted, and the Matrix...Keanu just shouldn't do sequels😂
Whoa... 😂

It's just one of those things where they have to try and top the previous movie(s), so they simply add more action/explosions.

Over the top though they might've been, I still found the Matrix and John Wick sequels entertaining enough for popcorn fodder. Do they get a little ridiculous at times? Sure, but I still found them entertaining enough.

As for a franchise that's gotten more and more ridiculously over-the-top in attempts to successively outdo each previous movie, my vote goes to the Fast & Furious franchise.

At least with the Transformers franchise, they began with a premise of giant alien robots at war. Explosions are expected. The F&F movies began as a movie about streetracers (who moonlighted as highjackers).

Back