Random Thought Thread

Which team are you loyal to?
NY Rangers since the early to mid 60's. Too late in the game for me to change my colors. (Though I supported the Panthers while I lived and worked in Miami and got to go to many games at the old arena. Still have some "rats" from the '96 run.)

I slept at the Garden overnight for playoff tickets when I was in my junior year of high school or thereabouts. Was a riot before the windows opened and I literally thought I'd be crushed and asphyxiated to death. Riot police were everywhere trying to break it up.

Of course we lost to Montreal in four straight, so I never got to use my last tickets and had to be refunded.

That was back in the original 6 days, Man, those games were something to behold...with bloodbaths aplenty.

It'll be hockey night in the Blues household. And not a minute too soon.
How do you feel about ESPN taking over the NHL 🏒 broadcasts from NBC?

I'll say right up front that I HATE it. For nearly two decades ESPN BARELY covered anything that ever happened in hockey at all. Now that they have the broadcast rights. they can't slurp it enough. Sports Center now, of course, but their "talking heads" shows, too. I understand the promotion business, but at a certain level it does nauseate me because they claim to be a sports network with sports news programming, but in reality they are an ESPN-Broadcast-Sports-Only network with ESPN-Broadcast-Sports-Only News.

Yeah, I'm petty. :) But I'm a Caps fan, and for decades pettiness and Pens 🐧 hatred was all we had to cling to against the crushing disappointments we suffered. We did finally get a Cup a few years ago, but the shine is now off that Cup and now we're returning to the familiar grounds of pettiness and Pens hatred. 😂

I have no legit input as I own none from either...

I was really unimpressed with Bark River. They are, at least on the two I have (had?), a mess on the small stuff. Pins aren’t sanded down all the way, weird grinds, just… not cool on knives that cost that much.

Edit: Which sucks because I have family in Escanaba and I really wanted to like Bark River.

How do you feel about ESPN taking over the NHL 🏒 broadcasts from NBC?

I'll say right up front that I HATE it. For nearly two decades ESPN BARELY covered anything that ever happened in hockey at all. Now that they have the broadcast rights. they can't slurp it enough. Sports Center now, of course, but their "talking heads" shows, too. I understand the promotion business, but at a certain level it does nauseate me because they claim to be a sports network with sports news programming, but in reality they are an ESPN-Broadcast-Sports-Only network with ESPN-Broadcast-Sports-Only News.

Yeah, I'm petty. :) But I'm a Caps fan, and for decades pettiness and Pens 🐧 hatred was all we had to cling to against the crushing disappointments we suffered. We did finally get a Cup a few years ago, but the shine is now off that Cup and now we're returning to the familiar grounds of pettiness and Pens hatred. 😂
I watch most Rangers games via MSG on NHL Center Ice. I tolerate the games that are broacast on any other national or local broacast, but I don't enjoy them nearly as much. I'm not a big ESPN fan.

The TNT pre-game was abyssmal, but the talent on the ice is basically the same as was there after Mike Emrick and now, Pierre McGuire, departed.

On the whole, I like watching with the home network.

Rangers look a bit out of sync so far...hopefully, that will be rectified.

I was really unimpressed with Bark River. They are, at least on the two I have (had?), a mess on the small stuff. Pins aren’t sanded down all the way, weird grinds, just… not cool on knives that cost that much.
I wouldn't buy one of their knives for reasons that don't need to be gone into here. Just me...

A random thought about random (Brownian) motion in which the blue ball represents Nate and Jo...and the red balls be us...aka the "knuckleheads":

Y3y8Wf.gif

🥳

Back