Random Thought Thread

A little less on the lighthearted side:

I'd guess we have a fair number of Gen X'ers and older in this subforum.

***edited for clarity***
A thread started by a person in another forum made me think of this:

Their wife had been experiencing shortness of breath symptoms for a few days and they were concerned it might be Covid. Unfortunately, it turned about to be cardiac related, and when she got worse, by the time they decided to call an ambulance, she coded enroute and passed away 😔

For those of you 40 and over, talk to your PCP and consider getting one of these devices
KardiaMobile 6L EKG

$149 and get in the habit of taking a reading if not daily, at the very least, weekly.

Last edited:

I'd guess we have a fair number of Gen X'ers and older in this subforum. A thread in another forum reminded me of this, the wife had been experiencing shortness of breath symptoms and they were concerned it might be Covid. Unfortunately, it turned about to be cardiac related, and by the time they decided to call an ambulance, she coded and passed away 😔

For those of you 40 and over, talk to your PCP and consider getting one of these
KardiaMobile 6L EKG

$149 and get in the habit of taking a reading if not daily, at the very least, weekly.
I'm sorry for your loss dude, I hope you enjoyed your life together and had a bunch of good memories. Cherish them and smile when you think about her, I'm pretty sure she will be watching over you.

if you ever need to talk, contact me.

Bro hug

I'm sorry for your loss dude, I hope you enjoyed your life together and had a bunch of good memories. Cherish them and smile when you think about her, I'm pretty sure she will be watching over you.

Bro hug

I am hoping that Max wrote that hastily and poorly because the way I read it, he is retelling what he read elsewhere about the wife of another person. I'm really hoping that I am being right just this time around!

I'd guess we have a fair number of Gen X'ers and older in this subforum. A thread in another forum reminded me of this, the wife had been experiencing shortness of breath symptoms and they were concerned it might be Covid. Unfortunately, it turned about to be cardiac related, and by the time they decided to call an ambulance, she coded and passed away 😔

For those of you 40 and over, talk to your PCP and consider getting one of these
KardiaMobile 6L EKG

Thank you for the link my fellow Michigander.
I spent this last Tuesday in the E.R. because while I was at the Hospital for a standard Ultrasound 3 different people working there thought that they saw a dissected aorta !
My hobbled ass went in there expecting a physically strenuous day because I am not in the shape that I used to be, I ended up with the mental equivalent of Ranger training. Quite a day, staff had me convinced that I had said goodbye to my kids for the last time when I had sent them off to school that morning, thankfully, it is just a hematoma on my heart. Following up next week with the cardiologist but considering some other issues that I have had since childhood I may pick one of those up.

Bro hug

I am hoping that Max wrote that hastily and poorly because the way I read it, he is retelling what he read elsewhere about the wife of another person. I'm really hoping that I am being right just this time around!
My apologies to any/everyone concerned. Matty is right, my post was poorly worded. It was a thread started by someone else who'd lost their wife, and it brought that little device to mind.

I'll edit my post for clarity.

Thank you for the link my fellow Michigander.
I spent this last Tuesday in the E.R. because while I was at the Hospital for a standard Ultrasound 3 different people working there thought that they saw a dissected aorta !
My hobbled ass went in there expecting a physically strenuous day because I am not in the shape that I used to be, I ended up with the mental equivalent of Ranger training. Quite a day, staff had me convinced that I had said goodbye to my kids for the last time when I had sent them off to school that morning, thankfully, it is just a hematoma on my heart. Following up next week with the cardiologist but considering some other issues that I have had since childhood I may pick one of those up.

Oh. That's great news. it is just a hematoma on your heart. Fantastic.

I'd guess we have a fair number of Gen X'ers and older in this subforum.

***edited for clarity***
A thread started by a person in another forum made me think of this:

Their wife had been experiencing shortness of breath symptoms for a few days and they were concerned it might be Covid. Unfortunately, it turned about to be cardiac related, and when she got worse, by the time they decided to call an ambulance, she coded enroute and passed away 😔

For those of you 40 and over, talk to your PCP and consider getting one of these devices
KardiaMobile 6L EKG

So very sorry for your loss.

EDIT - OK, I guess not **your** wife. Good. So never mind!

Last edited:
tumblr_moz0rx8lzE1sqv808o1_250.gif
You definitely could not make that movie today. I have a feeling it's heading to the land of ghosted movies with Birth of a Nation and Song of the South.

You definitely could not make that movie today. I have a feeling it's heading to the land of ghosted movies with Birth of a Nation and Song of the South.
I can't wait for the day when nothing is permitted. Nada. Zilch.

There's just too much stuff going on...and humor, well humor is an outrage, on its face. We simply cannot abide humor.

:rolleyes:

Late to the conversation as always.

Hockey is the only sport that I really follow - couldn't care less really for the other ones. Although, my daughter has been playing soccer for several years and is starting basketball this year - I'm probably going to have to start paying more attention.

Big Kings fan here - literally the only thing I like coming out of LA. I've also been following the Kraken since they started - a bit more "local" for me and how can you not root for a team named the "Kraken"?!

Oh. That's great news. it is just a hematoma on your heart. Fantastic.
As much as this truly sucks it was a much better diagnosis than a dissected aorta. This will get better, that was stuck between you might get better with major surgery and your screwed- all dependent on test results of course. Waiting on those results is not a fun experience.
I didn’t even have any of my CPK’s with me for the surgeon to use if they had to do any cutting.

Back