Ransack Viking Knives?

Anybody heard of these? I did a forum search and nothing came back. They have crazy prices that are marked way way down so I’m kinda skeptical.

I had never heard of them until now.

While I like some of their designs, I question any damascus that is <$150.00.

It may just be the skeptic in me, but I look at these as wall-hangers. I may be completely wrong, however.

I'd be reluctant to spend more than I could afford to lose just to try them .

I can't find any actual consumer reviews that I'd trust for sure .

This is from their site , for what it's worth ?

Might ask on the Hawk / Ax sub-forum .

Edit : I spent some time looking at their product ads on their site .

Lots of important details missing , if you wanted a functional tool .

Sale prices way too good to be true , compared to list .

Everything looks made for display rather than use . Very fancy .

I'd assume these are wall hangers until proven otherwise . YMMV .

Last edited:
Looking at their site I kinda had the same feelings. I am not a knife connoisseur by any means. Just a guy who uses knives, but the knife she gave me from them seems really nice. Looks almost exactly like the one In the link I posted. I don’t get the high prices with huge markdowns either.

My assessment: the Damascus blade is really nice (although I’m not a Damascus fan). Not very sharp out the box. Good weight and balance. Handle is good looking but not super comfortable. Provides a decent grip though. Sheath is good, but the shine makes it look cheap to me. I’m not the best at sharpening but if it will take and hold an edge I think it’s underpriced. Can’t speak for the axes but I don’t think I’d call this knife a wall hanger. I would feel differently if I had only looked at the site and not had the knife in hand.

I thank y’all both for taking the time to look at the site and give your opinions.

To be clear I only asked opinions because I am considering selling or trading the knife. As I don’t need the money or the knife idc if it’s worth $1 or $100. I just wanted opinions on the quality so I could come up with a value in my head. I’d rather give it away or lose it than attempt to sell it for more than it’s worth. And mods please don’t kick me off because I’m not asking anyone to value it. Just curious of peoples opinions on quality or their experience with the company. I think I got my answer when I searched and nothing came up on the whole forum.

You ever watch the video where .. I can't remember who, some youtuber, destroys a Pakistani Damascus knife? This makes me think of that video.

I’m just now venturing outside of 2 dot bucks and 301/303 stockman. So really all I k ow is 440C and 420HC. Never had Damascus before. I think every Damascus blade looks like a wall hanger. Isn’t there a sharing place on here where I can let people borrow and use it or something?

"RK-03 RATTLE SNAKEDAMASCUS HUNTING KNIFE, DAMASCUS FIXED BLADE KNIFE, DAMASCUS VIKING KNIFE, DAMASCUS DROP POINT KNIFE HAND MADE KNIVES GIFTS FOR MEN USA​

HANDLE MATERIALS: Stag antler handle with brass clipSheath: All Knife Comes with a fine sheath made from Camel, cow Skin"

This verbiage from the site, along with the prices shown, indicates USA based manufacturing is not likely.

I'd be reluctant to spend more than I could afford to lose just to try them .

I can't find any actual consumer reviews that I'd trust for sure .

This is from their site , for what it's worth ?

Might ask on the Hawk / Ax sub-forum .

Edit : I spent some time looking at their product ads on their site .

Lots of important details missing , if you wanted a functional tool .

Sale prices way too good to be true , compared to list .

Everything looks made for display rather than use . Very fancy .

I'd assume these are wall hangers until proven otherwise . YMMV .
FWIW, the "location" given for the "factory" is a private residence in the suburbs north of Chicago.....

Yea it’s all weird. I went on their FB page and it’s full of really nice pics but next to no comments or likes. I thought their descriptions and stuff were weird too.

Possibly a reseller of eBay knives, hence the prices. If you look through eBay for Damascus knives, you will find many from Pakistan and they have a certain look... and price.

Reactions: TC
I feel that they are flipping imports as well. Nothing wrong with them, but "viking" is very in right now so they sell.

They look cool, but I dunno if you could expect they to perform well.

I see a lot of similarity with ebay stuff made by AK Cutlery. Some of the axes have almost identical features, right down to the handle wrap....

AK Cutlery
3VDnajPl.jpg

Ransack Viking
j6PAvcVl.png

Both made in Pakistan......

Back