RAT II in D2 ??

I've been waiting for a Rat 2 in D2, since the Rat 1 came out in D2.
Still waiting.
Hurry Please.

Like I said, at this point in time, I could care less about what they do to the Rat-2. They've lost me as a customer for that particular knife. I still recommend it to those looking for an inexpensive EDC, but I'm more than satisfied with my ESEE Zancudo.

will a Rat2 in D2 at bladeshow? whats taking so long for this?

will a Rat2 in D2 at bladeshow? whats taking so long for this?

No, it's not. I just came from BLADE and spoke with a rep. They have other things in the pipeline they are working on but are definitely talking about it internally. When I 'casually' brought it up, the design rep I had the pleasure of speaking to cracked a smile and told me I must have been the 5th person to have asked that, lol. Bear in mind also, the cost will go up with a higher quality steel.

I think that for what the knife is, and at its price point, it accomplishes everything it was set to do and more. Having a higher quality knife will bring up costs and inevitably put it in a price vs. quality bracket that is already filled with lots of other competitors.

Reactions: Mo2
I long for that day. I assume it will be at blade show and will be super disappointed if it isn't
Me too. I know OKC won't let their customers down, they're just letting the excitement build. Their D2 really is good stuff. The RAT 2 in D2 would be a great competitor to the Mini-griptillian in D2. Tiny lasers with carbide for days.

No, it's not. I just came from BLADE and spoke with a rep. They have other things in the pipeline they are working on but are definitely talking about it internally. When I 'casually' brought it up, the design rep I had the pleasure of speaking to cracked a smile and told me I must have been the 5th person to have asked that, lol. Bear in mind also, the cost will go up with a higher quality steel.

I think that for what the knife is, and at its price point, it accomplishes everything it was set to do and more. Having a higher quality knife will bring up costs and inevitably put it in a price vs. quality bracket that is already filled with lots of other competitors.

*sigh*..........FML.

in any case the rat1 d2 is 40-60 depending on options... I guess the rat2 in d2 would be similarly priced and cause conflict/confusion with its own line and other brands prices.

but you have fans that will buy it regardless... but do you bet on that or not?

in any case the rat1 d2 is 40-60 depending on options... I guess the rat2 in d2 would be similarly priced and cause conflict/confusion with its own line and other brands prices.

but you have fans that will buy it regardless... but do you bet on that or not?

I'd easily pay 60 for a Rat 2 in a better steel than the AUS-8. I love everything about the knife, just not the steel. The size is right which carries very well. The action isn't the best but mine flips right open with a flick of the thumb stud. The blade just doesn't stay sharp for very long.

Make it in some color combos other than black and they would sell very well.

I'd easily pay 60 for a Rat 2 in a better steel than the AUS-8. I love everything about the knife, just not the steel. The size is right which carries very well. The action isn't the best but mine flips right open with a flick of the thumb stud. The blade just doesn't stay sharp for very long.

Make it in some color combos other than black and they would sell very well.

That's another thing I brought up. I mentioned to the OKC rep that I actually got a pink rat 2 and dyed the scales red to customize it and mentioned the availability in more colors would be great, a la 'sprint run'. Had I gone back to blade the next day I would have had it with me to show him.

Well dang, guess I'll order a Zancudo and a Cutjack Mini from Steel Will when it releases.

Hi guys,

So, the bad news is that the date is not as soon as I had hoped. The good news is that a D2 RAT II, including a version with carbon fiber scales, is officially coming and is on track for the end of this year.
im cool with that, thanks for the update! if there is a preorder anywhere let us know.

im cool with that, thanks for the update! if there is a preorder anywhere let us know.

Gladly, but because of the way these are coming out, I'll probably find out about it here. It'll be similar to when the RAT 1 came out in upgraded versions.

Hi guys,

So, the bad news is that the date is not as soon as I had hoped. The good news is that a D2 RAT II, including a version with carbon fiber scales, is officially coming and is on track for the end of this year.

Awesome - I was looking to purchase another Rat 2 but with this news, I am ok with waiting a bit til Christmas :)

Back