Rat Tail EDC draw (video)

Thought I would share how I EDC my Swamp Rat Rat Tail for you HOGS (don't mind the dramatic draws :D). I carry the knife under a stretchy belt, and secure it to the belt using a small piece of paracord tied through a couple of my sheath eyelets. I have found this to be the comfiest, quickest, and least obtrusive way to carry this awesome little tool, and it's on me all of the time.

Also p.s. I had snapped the tip off my Rat Tail prying an arrow out of a stump. I contacted the Busse shop, included a few pics, sent it in and very shortly afterwards received my new-tipped knife good as new again. Busse warranty rocks!

I hope Busse never gets so big that it can't provide the level of service it does!

Nice vid, ever have the Rat Tail dig into your ribs bending over extremely to the draw side?

When I carry a narrow Busse <HG55> I wear a scout carry rig, but in crossdraw, kinda appendix carry to keep pommel out of my ribs.

Nice vid, ever have the Rat Tail dig into your ribs bending over extremely to the draw side?
When I carry a narrow Busse <HG55> I wear a scout carry rig, but in crossdraw, kinda appendix carry to keep pommel out of my ribs.

Right on, I could see the HG55 being a nice EDC rig too. My Rat Tail does dig a little if I'm reeally bent over, but it's not bad at all.

I wish the knife laws in my state would allow us to carry a concealed fixed blade.

In your state would this still be considered concealed? Technically the bottom 1/4 of my sheath sticks out from under my typical shirt... I'm in Canada, so here we can carry any knife so long as the we can articulate that it's function isn't for protection against people.

In your state would this still be considered concealed? Technically the bottom 1/4 of my sheath sticks out from under my typical shirt... I'm in Canada, so here we can carry any knife so long as the we can articulate that it's function isn't for protection against people.
Yep. The handle can't be covered up like that here. I don't like tucking in my shirts so I have to carry like this.
2018-08-31 08.23.07.jpg

And isn't funny how opposite our laws are? You can carry concealed as long as it isn't for protection. I can carry for protection as long as it isn't concealed. Politicians sure are a funny lot. Lol!

And isn't funny how opposite our laws are? You can carry concealed as long as it isn't for protection. I can carry for protection as long as it isn't concealed. Politicians sure are a funny lot. Lol!

Ugh so bizarre! Some things we'll just never understand o_O

Back