Rat Trap

Made a lucky score on the exchange earlier this week. Sweet little user in good condition. Interested in any knowledge you may have about the Rat Trap.

Iw5mszV.jpg

yIpVu3c.jpg

Yzvigs1.jpg

PCdhWaL.jpg

Bi07jGT.jpg

KixE2jc.jpg

iQfxFhP.jpg

CE0h9v8.jpg

K78Sdi0.jpg

F5fNYFo.jpg

Last edited:
I know you only got it because I chose to keep my wallet closed.
That may not have been the knowledge you were after; but it's all i've got to offer.
Enjoy!!

Made by Blade-Tech Industries for SRKW
S30V

don’t recall how long ago

Made by Blade-Tech Industries for SRKW
S30V

don’t recall how long ago

I’ve read rumors that another company had made them, but never anything confirmed. Thanks!

I wonder if this means a different warranty situation than other BUSSE/SR/SYKCO. I’d be really surprised if they could even replace it if broken.

I'd say you're right about the replacement thing since no other folder went into production.

And from what I've seen, if there are no blanks left for the knife that got damaged, the replacement is the closest in size (guess handle material too).
I've seen a crazy regrind of a knife that was sent back once as well...

You Sir, have gotten one of the, if not the, Most Holy Grails of Scrapyard knives. The only other one that I THINK is as coveted is the Street Scrapper 4 aka SS4. You MUST be living right.

Personally I think that they should have a reissue, like they did with the Tali Whacker. They could call it the R2D2 by making it out of D2 tool steel! Hey talk about a marketing gimmick.

Personally I think that they should have a reissue, like they did with the Tali Whacker. They could call it the R2D2 by making it out of D2 tool steel! Hey talk about a marketing gimmick.

Been done by Ontario. Rat II in D2 steel is referred to as the R2D2.

I have both the original (Randall knives Rat 1) and the Ontario Rat II. Both nice blades. But I've never heard of the smaller one referred to as the R2D2.

I DO know one thing for sure, I would give up one of my emersons for his Rat Trap. Wish I had seen it first. :(

I have both the original (Randall knives Rat 1) and the Ontario Rat II. Both nice blades. But I've never heard of the smaller one referred to as the R2D2.

The Rat II with the D2 Blade is very often referred to as the R2D2.

You Sir, have gotten one of the, if not the, Most Holy Grails of Scrapyard knives. The only other one that I THINK is as coveted is the Street Scrapper 4 aka SS4. You MUST be living right.

Yeah, the Swamp Rat - Rat Trap is highly coveted, for sure. I really never thought I would have one of my own. I’d lining right is the way I came into this, I would highly recommend checking the exchange page several time a day, even when you know damn well you don’t have the extra money to spend. I was in no position to drop the cash when I saw it, but I knew I’d regret not doing so.

I DO know one thing for sure, I would give up one of my emersons for his Rat Trap. Wish I had seen it first. :(

You’ll get yours some day. Be diligent with your searching, keep some cash ready to go, and you’ll find one.

You're right, I regret not buying one when they were released. Problem was that money was too tight.:(

Back