Ratmandu question

Hey to all @bf
I bought my first bussekin about 5 months ago well received it then and havent had a chance to use it properly until this weekend .
Long story short i spotted a nice bit of fallen wood to beast on with the rmd ,putting it through its paces hacked through a 5 inch thick section of the tree branch then dragged it out to more open ground .
My missus who is a knife enthusiast also wanted her turn and when she had hacked almost through just as i was sayin to turn the log so she wasmt hitting the ground she of course hit rock with the edge of.my rmd.
Had to stop myself lol.
Anyways it took a little bit of edge damage and i stropped the crap out of it and got ok results but was still left with two little sections of edge damage .
I have only recently started using a strop and stone ive managed to get the damage almost sharpened out just a little bit left i am just curious about the warranty on my knife is it void now that i have hand sharpened it ?
The reason i ask is because i ended up with more of a convex edge on it am a total noob to sharpening .
But must admit my edge is sharper than ever just curious about warranty is all ?
Cheers J.

Attachments

• 20190118_172229.jpg
    20190118_172229.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 36
From one Kid to another, behold:

http://www.swampratknifeworks.com/our-guarantee/

And to show you the same is true for all the Busse Knife Group brands:

http://www.bussecombat.com/our-guarantee/

Knives are supposed to be sharpened. And its generally agreed that a mild convex = a stronger edge and more efficient cutting. Beat the HELL out of that thing, sharpen it. Rinse, repeat. If its too big of a ding, send it in. They'll repair or replace. Have fun!

From one Kid to another, behold:

http://www.swampratknifeworks.com/our-guarantee/

And to show you the same is true for all the Busse Knife Group brands:

http://www.bussecombat.com/our-guarantee/

Knives are supposed to be sharpened. And its generally agreed that a mild convex = a stronger edge and more efficient cutting. Beat the HELL out of that thing, sharpen it. Rinse, repeat. If its too big of a ding, send it in. They'll repair or replace. Have fun!
Cheers fo that was just curious as i read a couple of threads and was unsure i am gonna finish the sharpening and go again.cheers j

Your covered !!!! Busse Combat & kin have the best warranty :)

I like a nice convex edge myself
:)

Plenty of sharpening threads in here, great info and reads.

Busse have a stellar rep and i love my rmd just when i read another thread was a bit worried but all good now .
Checking out lanyard info at moment cheers lads and busse for being busse

Every time I emailed Garth, (last time i had similar situation) He just said send it in, We'll take care of it. Last time his email reply was less than 5 min after I emailed him. I couldn't be happier, great people to deal with.
P.S.
I think the return shipping cost is on the customer, if I'm not mistaken.

So... how many whacks did it take to chop through a 5" branch with the RMD? Did the rock survive the hit from the RMD? Maybe you should hit it again to see what's inside.

Good to hear the RMD is working out well for you, it's a splendid knife.

P.S. not to be an enabler or anything, but... maybe your lady should get her own RMD ;). For certain, if there's one thing better than an RMD... it is 2 RMD's.

Busse has a GREAT Warranty policy...which like many warrantys covers the consumer against catastrophic failure in normal use.
Busse will certainly listen to some CRAZY accidents...but most normal wear and tear is expected and generally easily repaired by the user. I think of like daily wear on car tires if you get a nail you get the tire repaired not replaced which does not void the manufacturers warranty. However if I do Burnouts AND explode a tire thats abuse and voids warranty...So don't do Burnouts with your Busse Ratmandu....Get a RATWEILER much better chopper:D

Back