• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ray Cover Abalone Slipjoint Canoe--One of a Kind

Ray Cover Sr. Slipjoint Canoe with stunningly gorgeous Mosaic Abalone scales and black fiber liners--One of a Kind. As received from the maker, unused, uncarried, unsharpened-barely fondled.

This is a model that Ray has only made a few of in the past several years and never this size with Abalone scales. This pattern is unique and the styling, fit and finish is simply amazing. Dare to compare the fit and finish against other knives in this price range.

Superior ergonomics--no hard edges except the blade!!!

ATS-34 blade with incredibly symmetrical Hollow grind and professional heat treat. Hand-rubbed to a breathtakingly beautiful satin finish--also features a half-stop position with the blade perfectly centered in trough.

Milled and relieved liners and pivot bushing construction for smooth blade travel and extra long life.

Has a nice medium backspring with that extra secure lock-up that Ray's slipjoints are known for.

The Inside of the knife is mirror polished too, just one of those "extras" that separates Ray's work from the rest.

Closed length-- 4"
Overall length--6 7/8"

$old Shipped and Insured, paypal only, fee included. International okay for additional $25 and understanding that I am not responsible once it leaves the U.S.A.

To keep from having any hard feelings here are the rules: First "I'll take it" supersedes any pending offers, questions or expressions of interest whether by PM, email or post.

RCAB1x.jpg

RCAB2x.jpg

RCAB5x.jpg

RCAB6x.jpg

RCAB3x.jpg

RCAB4x.jpg

Last edited:
Put me in second position if something happens first time around, please. I used to own one EXACTLY like this one and should never have sold it a few years back.

Oh, and all the superlatives heaped on this baby above, mine was the same way - impossible to make a better knife.

betzner, thanks for the kind comments. I'll pass them along to Ray. He pretty much took last year off for a much deserved break, but I think we'll see more as well as some new things from him later in 2012.

totally agree- i have one of these and take out for short trips im my pocket. admired much

Bert

Back