Raymond Thorp model 12 pic request

Longknife3

Gold Member
I’ve been wanting to place my first Randall order for over 15 years. Well, I finally pulled the trigger with the fine gentleman at Nordic Knives. Daniel was very patient and helpful with this first-timer. I think the reason I’ve waited so long is that I was completely overwhelmed by the amount of options. I finally committed and I decided to order two of the Raymond Thorp model 12 Bowie’s

1st.) Stacked Leather, commando style handle, brass lugged hilt, smooth flanged butt cap, smooth brass collar.

2nd.) Black micarta, Border Patrol style, black spacers, nickel silver double forward curve hilt, nickel silver butt cap.

What do think, did I miss anything? Thoughts and ideas are always appreciated from the pros.

ANY PICS OF RAYMOND THORP BOWIES WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! I have 1 week to change my mind, so please share if you are able.

LK, sounds like you did fine with your orders, but personally, I'd swap out the stacked leather for stag, or finger-grooved stag if you have a spare option; and a black sheath for the second knife.

Here's one once owned by a friend, now owned by another friend. Sadly, the Saw Tooth Option is no longer available on the Thorp Bowie...

Thorp ST.jpg

Black sheath!! Thank you for that! I will amend that ASAP. I thought about stag, but for some reason I really want to try the stacked leather.

I did just sell a few more of my collection and I’m thinking of doubling the order... so many options...

Beautiful Thorp, thank you for sharing!

Steve, that was Bart W.'s (bart1 here); I think Mitchell H. may own it now...

The Sawback looks fantastic on the Thorp Bowie

I wish they still offered the brassback as well. I'm aware of the historical vs. non-historical controversy, but couldn't care less, I think they look awesome!!

I edited my Randall order and added a #2-8 Stiletto
Leather handle, std double brass hilt, brass butt cap, brass collar
I also added a nickel silver collar to the micarta handled Thorp bowie, as I'm not a big fan of spacers. No matter the knife or the maker, I always prefers simple aesthetics in my knives/axes.

Back