Razel owners review.

To DennisStrickland-

Woah........ did you actually get a broken finger when using one??? Or is that just your opinion as to it being a bad design feature.

Last edited:
Both. But doesn't Graham make them on contract for CRKT?

Dear sweet jeebus, NO.

CRKT mass produces a Graham Brothers design in a foreign country. Never get the 2 mixed up.

The Grahams use the finest materials to make some of the best custom knives I have handled. Their fit and finish and grinds are top notch and their leather pocket sheaths are the best I have used.

The CRKT stuff seems pretty solid, but the materials are far from top shelf and the fit and finish are acceptable.

Finally... to the OP.... I have not used a ringed Razel but I do have a custom extended tang SS3 and a custom Wee Razel and I have to say they are 2 of the finest knives I have ever owned. The ergonomics are superb, the fit and finish are superb and the ideas behind the edge geometry are brilliant in their simplicity. Do your self a favor and pick one up. You won't regret it. :thumbup:

The closest I have to the real thing is the Graham mid-tech Stars 'n Stipes. S30V, BOS heat treat. Feels really good in hand (for a skeleton knife). Very good edge. Problem is, I have so many knives to choose from that I have not yet given the blade a fair shake with any significant carry time. Reviews on this blade have been very good with most comments centering around "great design once one get's used to the blade shape".

I have a custom in S30V and ironwood. No ring.

They took my order and gave me what I wanted exactly like they said they would, and for what I felt (and feel) was a very reasonable price. I have used it for just about everything and it performs just as I expected. Great knife, great value, great people to deal with.

I have the CRKT ringed razel I like the size and fit of it but hate the ring which is about to come off. The kydex sheath is tough as hell but is a very tight fit. CRKT version holds an edge well enough but not as well as other knives I own. I work, pound, chop, chisel, and cut with this knife. On a final note it is no replacement a drop point fixed blade knife of similar size with a better heat treat.

Thank you all for the input. The Graham knives indeed look to be a class act, but I could not bring my self to use one as a hard use tool/beater. They are too artfull for that in my opinion even though I am sure they are more than adequate for the task, and they are a bit pricy for my current budget. Thanks for clearing up my question on the actual manufacture between the two entities (CRKT vs Graham). I am going to buy a CRKT and use the hell out of it. If I like the concept, I will likely save up for one of the Graham Bros SS4, SS3, or Pocket Utility models. Thanks again.

I love the design and feel. I actually made my own square blade with sharpened front. It is sure as heck no Razel though.

I initially really loved the ringed version (look, have never held one) but in looking more at them, I like the plain handled version better now.

I use Busse's hard, so I don't think I would have any problem using a Graham brother's knife hard. They are on my short list of favorite makers.

Back