• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Re: Shipping errors.

In a recent thread a member mentioned a mistake in shipping. Well, I got a mistake in shipping, too--and I'm grateful. Let me explain.

I always order a new knife "with a spare." I do this so that if an item has a limited amount available I won't have to worry about obsolete designs. I also like a spare in case one of the folders has to return for basic repairs.

So, I decided I want a Spyderco, so I ordered a pair. The package came, with a brief note saying they shipped this first one from the nearest warehouse, and the second one would come from another location. They were good to their word.

But I consider myself lucky. I have a 'regular' Spyderco, and one made from the alloy Maxamet, something I have never seen or used.

The only thing I cannot figure out is how both knives were made in Colorado but shipped from different locations. My guess is that this model is always made in Colorado, and two distributors were running low.

I don't really care. I have two great knives, and one to show and brag about with my friends.

upload_2020-2-18_10-9-41.jpeg

Attachments

• DSC03059.JPG
    DSC03059.JPG
    311 KB · Views: 15
  • upload_2020-2-18_10-9-26.jpeg
    upload_2020-2-18_10-9-26.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 17
Not sure how that's a shipping error...you ordered 2 knives and received 2 knives. Unless one or both of them are not what you actually ordered (steel, color, etc)? Care to elaborate?

Last edited:
If you ordered from Blade HQ, they have a shipping center in Utah and Virginia now. LOL

I would bet that the folks in that store that you went on about in the previous now locked thread about the same knife would appreciate your honesty to let them know about the mistake. Since they're not a supporting vendor we can't copy them into the conversation.

I would bet that the folks in that store that you went on about in the previous now locked thread about the same knife would appreciate your honesty to let them know about the mistake. Since they're not a supporting vendor we can't copy them into the conversation.

Indeed. You would think if Joyce has been so good to this guy, he wouldn't want to take advantage of her mistake to the tune of a couple hundred bucks. Let alone brag about doing it.

In a recent thread a member mentioned a mistake in shipping. Well, I got a mistake in shipping, too--and I'm grateful. Let me explain.

I always order a new knife "with a spare." I do this so that if an item has a limited amount available I won't have to worry about obsolete designs. I also like a spare in case one of the folders has to return for basic repairs.

So, I decided I want a Spyderco, so I ordered a pair. The package came, with a brief note saying they shipped this first one from the nearest warehouse, and the second one would come from another location. They were good to their word.

But I consider myself lucky. I have a 'regular' Spyderco, and one made from the alloy Maxamet, something I have never seen or used.

The only thing I cannot figure out is how both knives were made in Colorado but shipped from different locations. My guess is that this model is always made in Colorado, and two distributors were running low.

I don't really care. I have two great knives, and one to show and brag about with my friends.

View attachment 1286168
This doesn't smell right, just like your last thread on this topic.

Sounds like that dealer is drop shipping, not actually keeping anything in stock. Great way to maximize profit, but they have no control over the stock or the quality, it's easy for these mistakes to happen. Luckily it was in your favor this time.

The right thing to do would be to contact them to let them know that their shipper made a mistake.

The right thing to do would be to contact them to let them know that their shipper made a mistake.

The paperwork matched the price, and even the envelopes differed. I think "the company" just wanted the client to buy their goods no matter where it was shipped from. I'll admit, I'm not thrilled over paying more freight for a longer journey than it would be cheaper if the goods all came from intended warehouse.

But like all knife guys, the 'price' slips my memory as I fondle the new toy...

Actually, that is exactly what doesn't happen with many of us. If we got a huge accidental discount from a dealer who we have a relationship with and who has been good to us, we don't take advantage of it and conveniently forget what happened.

It's informative to know you are OK with doing that to a fellow member of our community.

So I guess Joyce said don't worry about it?

"I call them often as I am an avid collector. If the price was charged in error, I will make it good"

"I asked her to check my account for errors. A proper amount will be sent immediately if I have shorted her!"

The paperwork matched the price, and even the envelopes differed. I think "the company" just wanted the client to buy their goods no matter where it was shipped from. I'll admit, I'm not thrilled over paying more freight for a longer journey than it would be cheaper if the goods all came from intended warehouse.

Do you have a blog or a Facebook page where you could post these fascinating stories?

So after the stroke did your Doctor recommend an aspirin a day to open up the clogged arteries going to your brain? If not you might want to look into that, your recent posts read like someone with severe cognitive decline. Anywho..nice Spydercos I just picked up a Byrd Cara Cara and am liking it.

Back