Really High End Bucks

bucksway

Gold Member
I was looking at older threads this week after my involuntarily break when I was uncomfirmed and run into a Buck I had never heard of. It was a Legacy 040 Onset. ..msrp $700.00 ! When I think of high end Bucks the first thing that comes to my mind is mirror polished big Bowie fixed blades with exotic handle materials, Ivory and pearl or customs by Leroy and Yellowhorse. Not flippers with exotic damascus steel and titinumn. For some reason I was drawn to the Onset, heck I even watched a video of it! I have to admit the chance of me dropping 4 or 5 hundred dollars for one is slim to none but I'm really glad that Buck is making cool knives like that. At first I was surprised that a knife like this got thru Bucks management process because it is truly a limited market kinda like the Dodge Hellcat or Deamon (707and 850 horsepower $$$ and waiting lists ) and if all the development time and costs it took to get it to us I can't see Buck making much of a profit. In fact I think it is a loss leader, halo kinda knife just to show the industry Buck is still is one of America's top knife manufacturer. I'm going to look closely at high end Bucks from now on and keep a open mind about models I'm not familiar with. .If I ever get a chance to buy a Onset used. .What high end Buck has interested you?

There is obviously a market for a knife such as the Onset because plenty of other manufacturer's are selling the heck out of knives in that price range. I think Buck just does not have a name in the higher end folders like some do. If they keep up making quality higher end knives for awhile they would most likely start gaining more of that market. The problem is that it may take awhile and I hope Buck is willing to ride it out in the meantime.

Last edited:
Back