Really "neon" 550 cord?

Recently I bought a spool of nano-cord from Blade HQ in Neon Orange and it really reacts to "Black Light" (it glows like it is Radioactive), however some 550 cord I bought off Ebay does not.

I would have ordered the 550-Cord from Blade HQ also, but they perpetually list that color as "Out of Stock", and I have no Idea if theirs glows anyway?

Does anyone know of a source of "neon" colored 550 cord, preferably "Neon Orange" that actually reacts to UV light?

Last edited:
Recently I bought a spool of nano-cord from Blade HQ in Neon Orange and it really reacts to "Black Light" (it glows like it is Radioactive), however some 550 cord I bought off Ebay does not.

I would have ordered the 550-Cord from Blade HQ also, but they perpetually list that color as "Out of Stock", and I have no Idea if theirs glows anyway?

Does anyone know of a source of "neon" colored 550 cord, preferably "Neon Orange" that actually reacts to UV light?
I would ask the people over at Paracord Planet. I've only ever asked a couple of questions, but they know their stuff.

I would try Atwood Rope. They have a big selection of paracord and micro as well.

Here's some orange paracord I got at Walmart, I didn't have a true blacklight handy but this 435nm laser is close enough;)

Screenshot_20191028-082904_Photos~2.jpg Screenshot_20191028-082916_Photos~2.jpg

I have a true blacklight, (I bought it from a man who represented himself as a retired schoolteacher at a garage sale a few towns over from where I grew up, as it turns out the man was so much more, a WW1 Medal of Honor winner.) I don't currently have the Pair of 6V lantern batteries it needs to work, but I do have several LED "Black light" flash lights. Anyway it was originally a very expensive lamp, so when I'm not using it I remove the batteries, so If the light gets forgotten in it's hard case and the batteries leak, they don't do so inside the light!

But, that Nano-cord I bought from Blade HQ glows so intensely you'd, be tempted to search for your direct read Dosimeter, if you ever had one, but after seeing your picture my battery powered pocket is going with me on my next trip to Walmart!

Back