Really...

Which blade is better in YOUR opinion?

• Black

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Polished (Aka silver)

Votes: 111 83.5%

• Total voters
I personally like satin or stonewashed blades. My first “expensive” knife was a Spyderco pm2 with the black blade and that thing was a fingerprint magnet. Even when I would wash it, sometimes it would get streaks. I was just super ocd back then about my blade looking clean, now I don’t care as much.
I agree with Chronovore, $50 is too much for 8cr13mov. I look forward to seeing what you decide on!

I would have mentioned the Delica right off the get-go, but they will run you around $80. Buy one and never need a folder again. (As long as you’re not abusing it lol)
If it is really that good, I guess I’ll save for it. It definitely is much more expensive...

One of the only things I’m not liking about the Delica is the handle - it looks sort of cheap... :/
Durable, slim, light weight, and is designed to fit the human hand perfectly. Some will say it doesn’t work for their hands, but those folks seem to be few and far between. My youngest daughter, who is a petite little thing, loves it above all other knives I’ve let her try (she “borrowed” my wharncliffe model lol), and I’m 6’6” with XL/XXL hands, and it feels great in my big mitts as well.

How does the handle feel? Hate to nag, but if I’m going to spend $80+ on a EDC knife, I want it be good. :)

I have a Delica in my pocket right now. It was my gateway knife from Kershaw and other budget level knives. The handle is light weight but strong and the bidirectional FRN gives a great grip when you use the knife without shredding your pockets (when you get the clip back) when clipping to and removing from your pocket. If you are going to get to the price range of the Delica for the knife you choose, that would be the knife I would recommend. Also, if you don't like black, there are several other colors available for you in VG-10 steel...

https://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-delica

One of the only things I’m not liking about the Delica is the handle - it looks sort of cheap... :/
How does the handle feel? Hate to nag, but if I’m going to spend $80+ on a EDC knife, I want it be good. :)
Don't let the handle material fool you. It's not just cheap plastic, but rather nylon reinforced with fiberglass. It's more akin to a polymer framed handgun and actually feels pretty nice for what one might just consider "plastic". Very durable and one of my more ergonomic knives. Delicas are nothing fancy but are much easier to appreciate if you approach them for what they ultimately are, a tool. A Delica looks right at home in my tool pouch along with my pliers and screwdrivers. Even with the dozens of other fancier and more expensive knives I have, they still find themselves competing with my Delica for pocket time.

nCsvgfo.jpg

Ok, I have my mind set on the Delica! :thumbsup:

I have about half of what I need now - now it’s just waiting game, month to month, until I get paid. We are about to move, so we have a lot of stuff to move, and my parents said I could sell some stuff. (I get a % on whatever I sell)

Hopefully I will get it soon, can’t wait!

Don't let the handle material fool you. It's not just cheap plastic, but rather nylon reinforced with fiberglass. It's more akin to a polymer framed handgun and actually feels pretty nice for what one might just consider "plastic". Very durable and one of my more ergonomic knives. Delicas are nothing fancy but are much easier to appreciate if you approach them for what they ultimately are, a tool. A Delica looks right at home in my tool pouch along with my pliers and screwdrivers. Even with the dozens of other fancier and more expensive knives I have, they still find themselves competing with my Delica for pocket time.

nCsvgfo.jpg
Ok, thank you. Looks very nice. :cool:

PheonixKingZ PheonixKingZ
Your parents are fine with you getting a SAK, you’re just wanting the Spyderco first correct?

Oh....and you will need the bottle opener on the cadet sooner or later. For root beer and coke.....

I personally try to collect knives in groups of three. Almost every group has a SAK in it. The bottle opener is the reason why.

I am addicted to Mexican soda in glass bottles.

I can send you a SAK Pioneer if you would like, it would be this weekend before I could mail it though.

It’s not new, has a few swirl type marks on one side of the blade, other than that it’s in excellent shape.
PheonixKingZ PheonixKingZ ,

Now, that is an offer that you should jump on (with parents consent).

I know that many of us have suggested the Cadet but, the Pioneer is just as versatile.
Same basic knife. Just a little bit larger.

PheonixKingZ PheonixKingZ ,

Have you considered the Byrd series of knives made by Spydrco? They are a budget line made overseas to Spydrco standards. Very good knives for the money.

I own a Spyderco rescue knife. If it ever gets lost I plan to replace it with a Byrd Rescue model.

Last edited:
Back