1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Reate K2 Question

Discussion in 'Reate Knives' started by SeppukuSamurai, Jul 15, 2018.

1. SeppukuSamurai

SeppukuSamurai

Aug 19, 2014
    Does anyone know if the K2 has a handground blade?

2. Eagle Scout

Eagle Scout Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2010
  3. SeppukuSamurai

SeppukuSamurai

Aug 19, 2014
    Eagle Scout likes this.
  4. Eagle Scout

Mar 10, 2010
    Funny and agreed. Had my K2 with me all day yesterday and saw your post here. A few sources have stated it's hand ground. Hopefully @ReaTe logs into the site at some point. A few of us would like to know either way.

The grind on my sample is perfectly symmetrical. It's a thing of beauty.

SeppukuSamurai likes this.
  5. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    The important thing is you bought some K2, whoever is responsible :D
    I could maybe DM them on Instagram and ask.
    /edit: And you can take partial blame, I ended up caving and ordered a Kwaiback. o_O

6. SeppukuSamurai

SeppukuSamurai

Aug 19, 2014
    Could? I hope you meant should. I mean will. I want to know!

I'm a glutton for hand-ground blades. Some romanticized blacksmithesque scene unfolds in my mind upon even uttering the word. Lol.

You'll love that Kwaiback. I assure you. It's awesome! Post some pics when you get it in.

7. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    I'll send them a message tomorrow when I am at work. And yeah, hand ground/finished certainly has something nice to it. Might be a little...esoteric sounding but it adds a little soul to a knife.

8. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    That was the reply from Jon who is the Reate distributor for the states.

SeppukuSamurai and Eagle Scout like this.
  9. Eagle Scout

Mar 10, 2010
    b00n likes this.
  10. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    I'd like to know how they define hand ground. I think it could mean that a swedge is hand ground. Or that the highest grit finishing belt is done by hand. Could mean many things.
    I had a Reate K3 with an asymmetric swedge and I was wishing for the precision of a machine. To each his own.

ScooterG likes this.
  11. SeppukuSamurai

SeppukuSamurai

Aug 19, 2014
    Nice! Thanks for looking into this. I'd like to know what they consider hand ground as well, primary grind, secondary, etc.

That's probably asking a lot, lol. I'm very happy with my Reates and this makes me even more so.