Reate Knives 2015 Horizon High-end Series

We do not move threads to the Political Arena, no matter how hard you try to politicize them.

1. Once Registered Users have posted, we won't bring it into the Political Arena. They aren't allowed there.

2. The thread was begun in General Knife Discussion because it was about knives, not about politics.

3. Those of you who have been derailing this and similar threads should not be rewarded for it, you should be infracted for trolling.

4. Any more China-bashing and I'm going to find that mallet I use for troll-bashing.

I'm going to bring this thread right back on track with their glorious Horizon D Ti

14f3834d1dfd2b2d2f85ce844da95048.jpg

3bad9f40086887dfbccd2b2b8fea03cd.jpg

Shames the Fantoni C.U.T. for same money

6a3a59a00cb6b4b2f2a6a0e2956a342d.jpg

I got my horizon, really nice knife. I am not a collector and it has been in my pocket and used already. One observation I will make is that the high polished blue back spacer is a scratch magnet. Once I can let it go for awhile the lock side will get anodized and the back spacer will get cracked ice or "nuggetized" as Alan Davis would say. Just like the first ding in a new truck, the first tiny line on that back spacer had me cussing for a bit.
Other than that, this baby is destined to become my large edc folder, Anyone looking for a 452cf or a SR1A red? Hahahaha.....
Russ

I've had a Horizon Ti since Christmas, and was wondering if some of you other Horizon D/Ti/CF owners could chime in here. When I look down into the knife at the backspacer, it appears that it is not a solid piece of titanium, and has circular inserts or something that do not match the anodizing of the blue backspacer. Anyone else seeing this? I haven't taken it apart yet to investigate, just curious what these are at this point. I would have expected the backspacer to be solid.

EDIT - I disassembled mine today. What I am seeing are threaded inserts which are what the screws actually thread into. These inserts slip into holes in the backspacer. I'm going to see if I can get a local machine shop to turn some titanium standoffs for me for something a little different.

Last edited:
Has anyone who owns the Horizon Ti or CF ever had an issue with lock stick? I just got the knife on Friday and for a $400 knife I expect perfect opening and closing. The knife is amazing. I love it. The tolerances are uncanny. Is it just a higher tension lock bar than my ZT 0808 or my Rike 1508s? Am I being too picky? I got the last one that BladeHQ had in stock and I'd like some input before I send it back.

Has anyone who owns the Horizon Ti or CF ever had an issue with lock stick? I just got the knife on Friday and for a $400 knife I expect perfect opening and closing. The knife is amazing. I love it. The tolerances are uncanny. Is it just a higher tension lock bar than my ZT 0808 or my Rike 1508s? Am I being too picky? I got the last one that BladeHQ had in stock and I'd like some input before I send it back.

I had this issue on another knife, not a Reate. Use some lubricant on the lock face and flip it like crazy to break in. Should remedy the stick in no time.

I just received the Horizon D Ti today. I must say the quality is impressive. I have been skeptical in the past of Chinese made knife quality. This knife is top notch in every way. Good job Reate!
One question I have for anyone who has this knife: Did your spare parts include a spare lock bar insert? Mine included screws and washers only.

I just received the Horizon D Ti today. I must say the quality is impressive. I have been skeptical in the past of Chinese made knife quality. This knife is top notch in every way. Good job Reate!
One question I have for anyone who has this knife: Did your spare parts include a spare lock bar insert? Mine included screws and washers only.

Hello,thanks for your support.Yes,all the spare parts of Horizon-D are not including the lock bar insert.Thank you very much.

Hi another question regarding the spare parts for the Reate Horizon D. Are the spare parts blued or are they white finish?.

Hi another question regarding the spare parts for the Reate Horizon D. Are the spare parts blued or are they white finish?.

Hi,the spare parts are withe finish,thanks for your support.

Reate Knives
Shera Feng

The Reate has become my fav carry knife over about the last 6 months.

Back