1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Reate Knives 2015 Horizon High-end Series

Discussion in 'Reate Knives' started by ReaTe, May 8, 2015.

1. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    We do not move threads to the Political Arena, no matter how hard you try to politicize them.

1. Once Registered Users have posted, we won't bring it into the Political Arena. They aren't allowed there.

2. The thread was begun in General Knife Discussion because it was about knives, not about politics.

3. Those of you who have been derailing this and similar threads should not be rewarded for it, you should be infracted for trolling.

4. Any more China-bashing and I'm going to find that mallet I use for troll-bashing.

2. ReaTe

ReaTe

Feb 15, 2014
    Horizon-CF

[​IMG]

Horizon-Ti

[​IMG]

3. stician

stician

Oct 31, 2015
    I'm going to bring this thread right back on track with their glorious Horizon D Ti

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shames the Fantoni C.U.T. for same money

[​IMG]

4. mycough

mycough

May 20, 2007
    I have the CF Horizon coming early next week. Really looking forward to it. My favorite steel and down right gorgeous! Russ

5. mycough

mycough

May 20, 2007
    I got my horizon, really nice knife. I am not a collector and it has been in my pocket and used already. One observation I will make is that the high polished blue back spacer is a scratch magnet. Once I can let it go for awhile the lock side will get anodized and the back spacer will get cracked ice or "nuggetized" as Alan Davis would say. Just like the first ding in a new truck, the first tiny line on that back spacer had me cussing for a bit.
    Other than that, this baby is destined to become my large edc folder, Anyone looking for a 452cf or a SR1A red? Hahahaha.....
    Russ

6. Inspiribomb

Inspiribomb Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 12, 2015
    I've had a Horizon Ti since Christmas, and was wondering if some of you other Horizon D/Ti/CF owners could chime in here. When I look down into the knife at the backspacer, it appears that it is not a solid piece of titanium, and has circular inserts or something that do not match the anodizing of the blue backspacer. Anyone else seeing this? I haven't taken it apart yet to investigate, just curious what these are at this point. I would have expected the backspacer to be solid.

EDIT - I disassembled mine today. What I am seeing are threaded inserts which are what the screws actually thread into. These inserts slip into holes in the backspacer. I'm going to see if I can get a local machine shop to turn some titanium standoffs for me for something a little different.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  7. JakeCLT

JakeCLT

Sep 2, 2015
    Has anyone who owns the Horizon Ti or CF ever had an issue with lock stick? I just got the knife on Friday and for a $400 knife I expect perfect opening and closing. The knife is amazing. I love it. The tolerances are uncanny. Is it just a higher tension lock bar than my ZT 0808 or my Rike 1508s? Am I being too picky? I got the last one that BladeHQ had in stock and I'd like some input before I send it back.

8. austonh

austonh Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 26, 2012
    I had this issue on another knife, not a Reate. Use some lubricant on the lock face and flip it like crazy to break in. Should remedy the stick in no time.

9. nightman

nightman Gold Member Gold Member

May 17, 2010
    I just received the Horizon D Ti today. I must say the quality is impressive. I have been skeptical in the past of Chinese made knife quality. This knife is top notch in every way. Good job Reate!
    One question I have for anyone who has this knife: Did your spare parts include a spare lock bar insert? Mine included screws and washers only.

10. ReaTe

ReaTe

Feb 15, 2014
    Hello,thanks for your support.Yes,all the spare parts of Horizon-D are not including the lock bar insert.Thank you very much.

11. nightman

nightman Gold Member Gold Member

May 17, 2010
    OK, Thanks.

12. Raj

Raj

Jan 22, 2003
    Hi another question regarding the spare parts for the Reate Horizon D. Are the spare parts blued or are they white finish?.

13. ReaTe

ReaTe

Feb 15, 2014
    Hi,the spare parts are withe finish,thanks for your support.

Reate Knives
    Shera Feng

14. calemerson

calemerson Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 23, 2007
    The Reate has become my fav carry knife over about the last 6 months.