Reate Knives 2015 Horizon High-end Series

I'll pass.:barf:

Hehe, you say this on every China knife thread. Doesn't matter if it's a $5 gas station, or $400 Reate. It can have fit and finish fit for royalty doesn't matter, you go to these threads without even looking into the knives or their pictures.... You just come in and :barf:

Where or better yet WHEN is the line drawn between sharing objective opinions and trolling because of political views? Mods want to chime in?

Me too but I'll do it with style, gas pedal to the floor and fist on the horn, shouting obscenities like a Manila taxi driver.

Ahh yes, he does it your style also. Quite prolifically:

The only Sarenmu I held felt like junk. I won't support a knife company from China regardless of the value or quality which is very much a crap shoot anyway.

I am very surprised they are charging that much for that China crap.:barf: What is up with tip up on a flipper?:confused:

Looks like China junk to me.:barf:

If it has anything to do with China I pass on it. Too much crap.

Maybe you should stay with your Chinese crap then. I will take an off centered blade that doesn't rub over inferior steel, inferior handle materials, inferior locks and all the other garbage that comes with those $10 knives.

The only Sarenmu I held felt like junk. I won't support a knife company from China regardless of the value or quality which is very much a crap shoot anyway.

Just a small sampling. Impressive, I know.

Clap your hands :)

It's not about disagreeing with the sentiment. I personally am not into Reates or whatever either. Just not sure if this has a place here. Especially in a knifemaker sponsored thread. Politics and all. There is a point when it becomes trolling when opinions shared aren't constructive and or objective.

Last edited:
It's not about disagreeing with the sentiment. I personally am not into Reates or whatever either. Just not sure if this has a place here. Especially in a knifemaker sponsored thread. Politics and all. There is a point when it becomes trolling when opinions shared aren't constructive and or objective.

Knifemaker sponsored? This is the General forum, not sponsored by any brand. Reate needs to follow Kizer and get their own forum here. Objectively, As long as I still can buy American made knives I won't buy any knife made overseas. This includes really good knives imported by Spyderco, Buck or Kershaw as well as the recent offerings from Reate and Kizer. That is my prerogative and I don't mind doing it and talking about it. I'm not xenophobic or sinophobic, just tired of sending business off shore.

BTW, you listed, "The only Sarenmu I held felt like junk. I won't support a knife company from China regardless of the value or quality which is very much a crap shoot anyway." twice.

Last edited:
Knifemaker sponsored? This is the General forum, not sponsored by any brand. Reate needs to follow Kizer and get their own forum here. Objectively, As long as I still can buy American made knives I won't buy any knife made overseas. This includes really good knives imported by Spyderco, Buck or Kershaw as well as the recent offerings from Reate and Kizer. That is my prerogative and I don't mind doing it and talking about it. I'm not xenophobic or sinophobic, just tired of sending business off shore.

BTW, you listed, "The only Sarenmu I held felt like junk. I won't support a knife company from China regardless of the value or quality which is very much a crap shoot anyway." twice.

I appreciate your desires to buy american. But you probably have bought a knife with chinese parts and didnt even know it. And stays sharp probably quoted that twice because knowing the guy who wrote it he probably said the exact same thing more than once. Still If you dont want anything associated with china why even open the thread? You could simply pass it by and click on a thread with an american made product in it. By now you know what Reate means.

bottom line is that as long as I can buy American made knives at competitive pricing.... I will 10 times out of 10 over a Chinese made knife. Im sure they are nice, but no thanks when I can get the same thing for half the price. There are too many better options out there.... sorry

bottom line is that as long as I can buy American made knives at competitive pricing.... I will 10 times out of 10 over a Chinese made knife. Im sure they are nice, but no thanks when I can get the same thing for half the price. There are too many better options out there.... sorry

What knife is the same thing at half the price? And since you're speaking generally about all knives made by China-based makers, what, pray tell, is better than or the same as, say, a Kizer Sunburst, which has a 3.5" blade of CPM-S30V and has an incredible fit and finish, for $61?

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Kizer-Sunburst-Folding-Knife-Green--26300

I eagerly await your response.

What knife is the same thing at half the price? And since you're speaking generally about all knives made by China-based makers, what, pray tell, is better than or the same as, say, a Kizer Sunburst, which has a 3.5" blade of CPM-S30V and has an incredible fit and finish, for $61?

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Kizer-Sunburst-Folding-Knife-Green--26300

I eagerly await your response.

Last i checked this thread was about the reate high end line.... so lets keep it in context shall we? These are for some people but not most. Reading butt hurt fan boy responses in this thread is nothing short of amazing ;) like my previous response.... ill take my ZT0562cf over these every day of the week.

As far as the sunburst.... what an ugly knife that is. It's also s35vn not s30v. You can keep it if you love it so much. I do applaud these companies for jumping into the industry and taking advantage of the fact that you can make things cheaper in china and tey to bring an excellent product to the table for less, but ill be buying American ;) My kershaw launch 1 with the US flag on it is riding in my pocket. High quality auto, cpm 154, and EXCEPTIONAL fit and finish for sub 100. I'm on pins and needles awaiting your response ;)

Oh, and good luck sending your high end knife to China for service lol..... thats another reason to purchase USA made.

Last i checked this thread was about the reate high end line.... so lets keep it in context shall we? These are for some people but not most. Reading butt hurt fan boy responses in this thread is nothing short of amazing ;) like my previous response.... ill take my ZT0562cf over these every day of the week.

As far as the sunburst.... what an ugly knife that is. It's also s35vn not s30v.

Your comment appeared to be about all Chinese knives. If it's not then it could use some serious rewording. The S30V thing was a typo. But even to keep it specifically about Reate, you have never owned one of their knives, so why are you commenting on their quality? Do you go into LionSteel and spout negative generalities about Italy-made knives? If not, why not?

The funny thing is that as the quality goes up so does the price. They're already up into BM and Spyderco price range. The piece the OP shows is just an attempt to get into Seb/Hinderer/Strider territory.

Your comment appeared to be about all Chinese knives. If it's not then it could use some serious rewording. The S30V thing was a typo. But even to keep it specifically about Reate, you have never owned one of their knives, so why are you commenting on their quality? Do you go into LionSteel and spout negative generalities about Italy-made knives? If not, why not?

Negative, no re wording necessary as it was obvious I was talking about the HIGH END LINE of Reate Knives which is the topic of this thread. At no point have I ever commented on their quality..... not once. As a matter of fact I wanted a Reate horizon A in m390 but they sold out. Making almost the same thing at twice the price isn't very appealing to me. My comments have been about buying American knives at less price that use the same materials. Im thinking that when I say ill take my 0562cf over a reate high end you think im commenting on quality, and I wasn't. It's what you get for the money. Lionsteel makes amazing knives, and from what I hear about Reate they seem to make a quality product as well.....my original point and the one you can't quite seem to grasp is that if I have the chance to buy something for the same or less money and the same or better quality while being made in the USA, then that is where my money is going. Here is a curve ball for you..... my next knife purchase at the moment is planned to be a Spyderco Gayle Bradley 2 ;)

Bottom line is your reaching, and it's not working......

It is one thing to discuss about the value of a Chinese made knife, but to come into a thread about a Chinese made knife just to say that you will never buy Chinese made knives is really going above and the beyond what this thead needs.

The funny thing is that as the quality goes up so does the price. They're already up into BM and Spyderco price range. The piece the OP shows is just an attempt to get into Seb/Hinderer/Strider territory.

I totally agree with this. The issue most people are having is that the horizon A came out in m390 mid 200's and now they want 4 bills for it..... no sir

Negative, no re wording necessary as it was obvious I was talking about the HIGH END LINE of Reate Knives which is the topic of this thread.

Perhaps Blade Forums should sponsor a workshop on pronoun reference.

I totally agree with this. The issue most people are having is that the horizon A came out in m390 mid 200's and now they want 4 bills for it..... no sir

The original price was $350. That was discounted to $320. Once it hit US distributors it was further discounted to around $280 or so.

It's no wonder ZT implemented map pricing, as price discrepencies do cause a lot of contention.

Perhaps Blade Forums should sponsor a workshop on pronoun reference.

If all you have is to insult my grammar usage............ lol, please keep making me laugh. Nit picking single sentences from paragraphs doesn't help your cause either. Please try again :)

Back