Reate Knives 2016 Small Modle ------ Wave

Reate Knives -------- Wave (Designer : Solo Jack )

Manual open, ball-bearing system 3-D machined Titanium handle.

Specification
Blade Thickness:0.157"
Blade Material: Bohler M390
Blade Edge: 3.15"
Hardness:60-62
Overall Length:7.625"
Handle Material:6AL4V Titanium
Screw Material:6AL4V
Handle Insert:6AL4V
Weight:3.76oz
Finish:Stonewash(anodized)
Locking:Frame Lock

Features:
Full-flat ground M390 steel blade
Full titanium handle construction
Checkered titanium inlay grips
Ball-bearing pivot
Milled titanium pocket clip with "ball-bearing" milled contact point
Three notches on flipper optimize finger contact for consistent engagement

Reate Knives would like to talk a little bit about one important technique—Freeze Edging Skill.As the final process for a blade, edging has a great effect on the performance of the knives, after all, the edge part is the main function area when using a knife. Normally, edging is operated on a high-speed running grinding wheel or grinding belt, which produces a very high temperature. Without a cooling system, the temperature on the edge goes up instantly to hundreds of centigrade, when it gets worse, it will burn and leave heat marks on the blade. Tempering or even annealing will happen on area of the edge where the temperature increasing instantly. It will harm the hardness and durability of the blade. That’s why some knives passing the hardness standard test but still easily get worn in actual use.Reate Knives are using the freeze edging technique. During grinding, the temperature on the edge is controlled in a certain level of degree, which helps keep the hardness after the heat treating. Therefore, the sharpness and durability of the blade are assured. This helps bring the performance of the material to the best.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
What a beautiful knife! I really like the anodized inlays and stonewashed flat ground drop point.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Wish the blade length was just under 3 inches instead of 3.375".

http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/socalknifeworks/slideshow/Reate%20Wave
f945c840-b210-426c-9584-99ed88fa2bfe_zpsyzdivewr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I really love this knife!

But, I don't $375 love it. I am not saying that it is not worth it, but I think that pricing is out of control on too many knives these days. In my mind, this is a $275 knife.

Maybe, one without the anodizing and a S35VN blade?

Last edited:
is the inlay removable? i really like the knife overall but i dont like the inlay. if i could replace it with some carbon fiber or even just plain black g10 i would order one right now

So, yes I customized it, as far as other inlays its been mentioned to David before about adding modularity into a Knife or Knives to give the customer the ability to change the knife from time to time.

Yes the inlay is a 2x screw attachment from the inside.

It's a great-looking knife and a good size for EDC.

I'd also like to see other inlay materials, though. It seems a bit pointless to go to the bother of having inlays and then using the same material as the rest of the handle.

I love the look of this knife, I just wish it was 2.999999 inches, ;). I just can't see dropping $375 on another 3"+ folder that's a little too big to EDC at the office...

Nice. I was able to handle one of your knives yesterday hanging out with a custom maker. I should have taken a picture, I have no idea what model it was. I do know it flipped open like being closed was causing it pain. I'll be looking around Blade Show for one. :)

Back