Reate Knives 2020 high-end knife: Iron

We are glad to inform everyone about this knives(Iron) which is our in house design will be released in this week. They would be available at our dealers in next week.

Specification:
Bearings:Ceramic ball bearings
Open Length:7.87”
Blade length: 3.25”
Closed length: 4.29”
Blade thickness: 0.157”
Blade material: Bohler M390
Blade material hardness: 61HRC
Handle material: 6AL4V Titanium
Weight: 139g/4.9oz
Blade finish: Satin finish
Handel finish: Grey(Bead blast)

We have 2 versions for Iron---Flipper and Thumbstuds
Each version has different colors below:

1. Flipper Bead blast screws with Brown micarta inlay M390 blade satin finish
2. Flipper Bead blast screws with Green micarta inlay M390 blade satin finish
3. Flipper Bead blast screws with Carbon fiber inlay M390 blade satin finish

8_zpsvvin4hzi.jpg

4. Flipper Purple screws with Brown micarta inlay M390 blade satin finish
5. Flipper Blue screws with Green micarta inlay M390 blade satin finish
6. Flipper Green screws with Carbon fiber inlay M390 blade satin finish

19_zpstr8fkncf.jpg

Flipper version back side:

7-1_zps0odorhqm.jpg

7. Thumbstuds Bead blast screws with Brown micarta inlay M390 blade satin finish
8. Thumbstuds Bead blast screws with Green micarta inlay M390 blade satin finish
9. Thumbstuds Bead blast screws with Carbon fiber inlay M390 blade satin finish

9_zps3i6oqovf.jpg

10. Thumbstuds Purple screws with Brown micarta inlay M390 blade satin finish
11. Thumbstuds Blue screws with Green micarta inlay M390 blade satin finish
12. Thumbstuds Green screws with Carbon fiber inlay M390 blade satin finish

21_zpsqi0l42eo.jpg

22_zpshe0nd8ru.jpg

Reate Knives would like to talk a little bit about one important technique—Freeze Edging Skill.

As the final process for a blade, edging has a great effect on the performance of the knives, after all, the edge part is the main function area when using a knife. Normally, edging is operated on a high-speed running grinding wheel or grinding belt, which produces a very high temperature. Without a cooling system, the temperature on the edge goes up instantly to hundreds of centigrade, when it gets worse, it will burn and leave heat marks on the blade. Tempering or even annealing will happen on area of the edge where the temperature increasing instantly. It will harm the hardness and durability of the blade. That’s why some knives passing the hardness standard test but still easily get worn in actual use.

Reate Knives are using the freeze edging technique. During grinding, the temperature on the edge is controlled in a certain level of degree, which helps keep the hardness after the heat treating. Therefore, the sharpness and durability of the blade are assured. This helps bring the performance of the material to the best.

Thank you very much for your time.

Reate Knives Team.
8_zpsvvin4hzi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Why don’t you have a version with both flipper and thumb studs?

Btw, Great looking knife!

n2s

I love the thumbstuds, beautiful design! I wish the blade was a hollow grind for a thinner blade thickness behind the edge.

I honestly think that having both flipper and thumb stud would throw-off the design.

Is the OAL actually 8.53”??? It seems like it should be an inch shorter w/ the blade and handle lengths listed...

I was looking at the iron but was turned off by the thumbstud, good to see a flipper option. Maybe I'll pick one up after all. My biggest problem with the knife is that inlay looks like a clip on the front side. It really bothers me haha. Oh well, maybe it will grow on me.

Thanks, the new measurements make way more sense, and also make this knife a lot more desirable to me!

All dressed up on the Presentation side and totally naked on the back? I was so much excited about this model until I just now saw that they
completely, with the exception of milling lines left the clip side bare naked, What were they thinking? Where is the balance in design?
This knife went from one I just had to have in spite of not usually paying $375 to one I can now forget about. The only dealer to
have this Reate model in the USA is "The Knife Center" and if you go to check it out you will see that they only have a photo of the
presentation side of the knife which I now understand why after going to another site that has the honesty to show multiple photos, front and back.
Shame on you Reate and while I am at it that goes for you to Knife Center. Failure IMO.

All dressed up on the Presentation side and totally naked on the back? I was so much excited about this model until I just now saw that they
completely, with the exception of milling lines left the clip side bare naked, What were they thinking? Where is the balance in design?
This knife went from one I just had to have in spite of not usually paying $375 to one I can now forget about. The only dealer to
have this Reate model in the USA is "The Knife Center" and if you go to check it out you will see that they only have a photo of the
presentation side of the knife which I now understand why after going to another site that has the honesty to show multiple photos, front and back.
Shame on you Reate and while I am at it that goes for you to Knife Center. Failure IMO.

Well no one is forcing you to buy a truly superb knife - whatever your reasoning.

And you didn't look too hard for other dealers in the US....like this one in California.

https://cranescutlery.com/product/iron-in-micarta-cf-flipper/
E8127CCA-563E-4960-8F0B-D875AD3D9C61-510x508.jpg

So sorry to have offended you so and double sorry about not knowing every knife vendor in the US but like yourself and others you probably rely on a google search
to locate your knife of choice. I actually went one step further and emailed Reate on 3/28 and got a response that they were already available from retailers in the US. Those words were from the owner. The knives may have been here but did not appear on the Knife Center site until yesterday afternoon. I am also a little confused by your hostility about me voicing my opinion as I thought that was one function of BF so I must be confused. I sure hope I didn't spoil this knife for you and thanks for turning me onto Cranes Cutlery, I had never heard of them. One small hitch with ordering from them is that at the present you will be purchasing on a pre order basis which I personally don't abide by. Supposedly only 200 of this model were made and 2 European retailers have already had their cut so it seems they are being thinly spread but none the less thank you as if and when they do receive them a $35 discount would help with the $375 MAP pricing. Take Care

Last edited:
So sorry to have offended you so and double sorry about not knowing every knife vendor in the US but like yourself and others you probably rely on a google search
to locate your knife of choice.

I am also a little confused by your hostility about me voicing my opinion as I thought that was one function of BF so I must confused.

LOL - Mate I'm not offended nor am I being hostile. Where exactly am I being hostile? You really are confused. You can say whatever you like here as far as I'm concerned.

Like you, I'm simply making an opinion and pointing out errors in your statement. No hostility there.

But you do realize that guys like Rick Hinderer, Mick Strider and others make knives that don't match both sides?? Go and criticize them and see what reaction you get from their followers......

I sure hope I didn't spoil this knife for you and thanks for turning me onto Cranes Cutlery, I had never heard of them. One small hitch with ordering from them is that at the present you will be purchasing on a pre order basis which I personally don't abide by.

As you found out direct from Reate; dealers now have them. Even we have them and it takes much longer for us to get them. And yes I'm a dealer.

He probably hasn't changed his website yet. Why don't you call him and find out? You do live in the US don't you?

You thinking you've spoilt a knife for me is just not happening unless you can point out it has a terrible action or poor fit and finish or bad heat treatment. Which in this case it doesn't.

That's precisely the reason I do not own the above mentioned. I'm glad I misinterpreted your comment and further more as mentioned in my original comments I had been looking forward to this model for months and it wasn't until today I saw this thread after seeing them show on Knife Center and it was quite a shock. I own more than a few Reate models and likewise with Tashi Bhrucha, in fact I just received the Heat Seeker today from a forum member and with the exception of a couple they all carry design elements from front to back and I hope you agree that this stunning presentation side does not warrant a plain clip side, yes the milling is nice but finish it already. That's all I was trying to express.
Also I would not put this knife in the same hard use class as the knives
You mention, just MHO.

Back