Reate Knives 2020 high-end knife: Iron

WOW! Like I stated originally, hostile. Please show me where I made any derogatory comment about the functionality of this knife. I consider Reate to be one of the best functioning knives around and the most consistent in that regard. You can win this disagreement as it seems very important to you. Stay safe!

WOW! Like I stated originally, hostile. Please show me where I made any derogatory comment about the functionality of this knife. I consider Reate to be one of the best functioning knives around and the most consistent in that regard. You can win this disagreement as it seems very important to you. Stay safe!

LOL - there's still no hostility. How and where are you reading any hostility into my posts?

If you think I'm being hostile, then you should avoid Facebook and Instagram at all costs where they really are hostile......

Here's a short review from a customer on the Iron - he seems to like it.

Hello, my name is David and I am a Reate addict.

After getting my Jack 2.0 I thought it would be impossible to ever get as big a buzz from receiving a new Reate knife, but I was pleasantly surprised when my Iron Arrived. As usual, the build quality is excellent and the design language is becoming even more refined.

The blade is beautifully ground with just the right amount of gimping, but I would have liked it to be a bit thinner, and thinner behind the edge. Thicker blades are a characteristic of Reate, and the quality of execution makes up for the reduction in slicing potential.

The handle is amazing: a perfect set of flowing curves, radiused surfaces, and beautiful inlays. The pocket clip is superior in both form and function, even though it only has one screw.

If you are a Reate addict, then the Iron will put just what you need in your blood.

I wish they would just use thinner blade stock and grind the edges thinner. Lion Mah made them do it, Reate should do it across the board. BTE thickness should be less than 0.015, unless you're making a big beater or bushcraft knife.

I've never heard of anyone asking for thicker blade stock. This insistence on "thick" has me puzzled.

I wish they would just use thinner blade stock and grind the edges thinner. Lion Mah made them do it, Reate should do it across the board. BTE thickness should be less than 0.015, unless you're making a big beater or bushcraft knife.

I've never heard of anyone asking for thicker blade stock. This insistence on "thick" has me puzzled.
I agree completely. I've been waiting for Reate to make something with thin blade stock. I had a brown micarta/purple iron in my cart and then noticed blade stock was almost 0.16". Its sad because this is such a beautiful knife but I just don't need more knives that aren't designed to cut. This thing has the proportions of a splitting wedge.

How about Reate makes the Iron Lightweight! Weight 3 ounces, 3 inch blade and 0.11" max blade stock!
eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiZmlsZXMua25pZmVjZW50ZXIuY29tIiwia2V5IjogImtuaWZlY2VudGVyL3JlYXRlL2ltYWdlcy9SRUlST05CTVBSbi5qcGciLCJlZGl0cyI6IHsicmVzaXplIjogeyJ3aWR0aCI6IDU0NSwiaGVpZ2h0IjogNDE1LCJmaXQiOiAiY29udGFpbiIsImJhY2tncm91bmQiOiB7InIiOiAyNTUsImciOiAyNTUsImIiOiAyNTUsImFscGhhIjogMX19fX0=

That would be excellent. I recall that Liong Mah had to convince the Reate folks that people really wanted thinner blade stock. It may have to do with the origins of the company, they learned much of what they know from Begg knives, which are pretty much the cream of the crop in the knife world, and Begg knives prefer thick blade stock.

They'll have to move past that as a brand. I don't think they check the Reate sub-forum here.

Checkout the Bladeology podcast interview with Mark Begg and Mattia Borrani, they talk about Reate.

Back