Reate Knives District 9-Plus

District 9-Plus were came out a few days ago.Compare with D9-A&B,District 9-Plus was totally improved. District 9-Plus combined with the style of A and B but the work is more sophisticated. And it is also lighter than before which is only 180g now.So with the weihgt loss, the blade around the center of gravity is more harmonious.What's more, process is more delicate as well as has two different color for the blade which are light and dark.

Reate Knives would like to talk a little bit about one important technique—Freeze Edging Skill

As the final process for a blade, edging has a great effect on the performance of the knife, after all, the edge part is the main function area when using a knife. Normally, edging is operated on a high-speed running grinding wheel or grinding belt, which produces a very high temperature. Without a cooling system, the temperature on the edge goes up instantly to hundreds of centigrade, when it gets worse, it will burn and leave heat marks on the blade. Tempering or even annealing will happen on area of the edge where the temperature increasing instantly. It will harm the hardness and durability of the blade. That’s why some knives pass the hardness standard test but easily get worn in actual use.

Reate Knives use the freeze edging technique. During grinding, the temperature on the edge is controlled in a certain level of degree, which helps keep the hardness after the heat treating. Therefor, the sharpness and durability of the blade are assured. This helps bring the performance of the material to the best.

District9-Plus
Ball bearing system
Open Length:8.6”
Blade length:3.75”
Closed length:4.85”
Blade thickness:0.157”
Blade material:S35VN
Blade material hardness:59HRC
Handle material:6AL4V
Weight: 180g (6.35oz)
Open type : flipper

Last edited:
Is there a 3.5-4" wharncliffe blade in the works? I'd love to see a 4" wharncliffe double-row-ceramic-bearing framelock flipper with a steel lockbar insert and a tip-up clip. So far, no manufacturer has produced such a design.

David, let me say your doing great work. The D9 plus looks awesome and is on my list! Any word on the Torrent? Blade length, release date?

Mike

Is there a 3.5-4" wharncliffe blade in the works? I'd love to see a 4" wharncliffe double-row-ceramic-bearing framelock flipper with a steel lockbar insert and a tip-up clip. So far, no manufacturer has produced such a design.

Hello,thanks for your suggestion ,it is a good idea.Maybe it will be the scope of our consideration in the future.

David, let me say your doing great work. The D9 plus looks awesome and is on my list! Any word on the Torrent? Blade length, release date?

Mike

Hello Mike, we have not decided the release date for Torrent now. Blade length is 3.5''.Thank you very much for your support.

For those interested:

[video=youtube;xTy0gOXs67I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTy0gOXs67I[/video]

I really dig the clip point! Put a bowie point on one of those suckers and I'll be selling blood plasma the next day.

It's that sweep down to the tip that gets me. I don't know why, but I love it.

Hinderer%20armortip%20bowie%20001%20(Custom)-900x600.JPG

Beautiful knives. I only recently discovered the Reate brand. One thing I've been wondering - if there is a warranty issue, where must the knife be mailed? Hopefully not China. :)

Beautiful knives. I only recently discovered the Reate brand. One thing I've been wondering - if there is a warranty issue, where must the knife be mailed? Hopefully not China. :)

Thanks.You can find our knives at our US dealers such as Blade HQ,GP Knives and Fort Henry and so on.Thanks again for your support.

Reate Knives-----------Shera

Wow...I've gotta have one of these lol

Back