1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Reate Knives --- Hills

Discussion in 'Reate Knives' started by ReaTe, Sep 6, 2015.

1. ReaTe

ReaTe

Feb 15, 2014
    Manual open, ball bearing system, 3-D machined Titanium handle
    Specification
    Length:8.3” Blade length:3.5”
    Closed length:4.7” Blade thickness:0.157”
    Blade material:S35VN Blade material hardness:59HRC
    Handle material:6AL4V Clip material:6AL4V
    Open type: flipper

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  2. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Am really liking my Hills, how about something with a >3" blade.

3. AzWizzard

AzWizzard

Jul 29, 2015
    I like it. I am torn between the Hills and the District 9A...;)

4. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Hills has a 3.6" blade not 3.5". That matters in places where the legal limit is 3.5".

5. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I'm still waiting for that 2.94" / $195 Reate...that's the specific combination I need :)

I love my Hills but it's just a little too big to carry in dress slacks to the office.

6. ReaTe

ReaTe

Feb 15, 2014
    We have plans to make smaller folders in the future. And we hope that we can make more satisfactory products in the coming days. Thanks for your support.

------------Reate Knives-------------Cherish

7. ReaTe

ReaTe

Feb 15, 2014
  8. SadSappySucker

SadSappySucker

Jul 20, 2014
    Recently I sent my hills out to Josh at Ravos Edge Knives to do a bunch of modification work to it.
    And, its finally on it's way home! The anticipation is killing me.

9. SadSappySucker

SadSappySucker

Jul 20, 2014
    I got my Reate back today, and man, this thing is perfect! I'm almost affraid to use it.
    I had the scales anodized dark blue/ the blade, clip, and hardware cerakoted black/ and the "reverse tanto/ modified drop point/ whatever" blade ground to a traditional drop point. Pluss it is riding on multi rowe bearrings.
    [​IMG]
    And here it is with the rest of my carry
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Josh at Razor Edge knives did an amazing job!
    The Hills has got to be one of the best values out there. I can honestly compare it to my sebenza in terms of fit and finish. It flies open without even a hint of blade play.
    I sure hope they continue to offer knives of this quality in the $200 price range.

10. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I love that blade re-profile! Now I may have to send in a Hills to get worked on!

11. Billy Ray Brooks

Billy Ray Brooks

Aug 23, 2014
    I like the colors

12. Trident777

Trident777

Jul 11, 2011
    I just got in a hills today and I have to say for the price point fit and finish was excellent. I cannot find fault with it anywhere. All the edges are smoothed out, and it flies open so smooth and fast, definitely one of the smoothest flippers I own, the flat grind is a super slicer, this is a true working knife with a ton of features for the money. The channel inset stabilizers are an excellent feature. Clip is a very nice smooth thin design, works very well. All in all, an excellent edc choice and I wouldn't be afraid to go hard on it, the hills can take it.

13. JB1964

JB1964

Jul 24, 2006
    Looks great!

A "original" Hills from Reate with a blade similar to that one and the possibility to Mount a lanyard (perhaps on a modified stand off) and all in stone washed finish would be unmatched

Is there any Chance for that?.

14. ReaTe

ReaTe

Feb 15, 2014
    New picture of Hills :)

[​IMG]