Reate Knives is going to create a new series with tactical knives

Hey guys,

It has been a long time that we make high quality knives and we are going to create a new series with tactical knives in the near future. Before we do that, we would like to know if you guys have any ideas about the blade style, knife size and materials that you think would be popular and fresh? We hope to do something different and try something new that we can bring some special experience to everyone.

If you have any suggestion about our new series please feel free to leave your comments.
We will be much appreciated if we could build a new series with the ideas from everyone here.

Thank you very much.

Reate Knives Team.

Last edited:
Exciting news!

This might not be very new, but I would really like to see Reate Knives produce a no-frills, dead simple folder with a stonewashed, hollow ground blade riding on phosphor bronze washers. Maybe CPM-M4 or Bohler K390 steel. Thumbstuds preferred. 3.25" blade length. As for the handle, liner lock preferred, or perhaps a tail lock. Black micarta scales.

Exciting news!

This might not be very new, but I would really like to see Reate Knives produce a no-frills, dead simple folder with a stonewashed, hollow ground blade riding on phosphor bronze washers. Maybe CPM-M4 or Bohler K390 steel. Thumbstuds preferred. 3.25" blade length. As for the handle, liner lock preferred, or perhaps a tail lock. Black micarta scales.
I second this. Washers over bearings for a “tactical” folder every time. Maybe some good stonewashed or coated blades, 3.5”-4” in length would be preferable. Black micarta, G10, and the occasional carbon fiber for handle scale material.

Reate's knives are sort of in the 'dress tactical' category already. What did you have in mind in terms of 'tactical'? When I think 'tactical,' I mostly think "Paint it black, call it tactical, sell it to cops and soldiers."

I would be thinking fixed blades. I'd like to see Reate fixed blades.

Reate's knives are sort of in the 'dress tactical' category already. What did you have in mind in terms of 'tactical'? When I think 'tactical,' I mostly think "Paint it black, call it tactical, sell it to cops and soldiers."

I would be thinking fixed blades. I'd like to see Reate fixed blades.

We would have fixed blade coming soon. Thank you Madcap:)

A gentleman's tactical. Ambi thumb stud disk. 3.5" blade, high grind, thick enough stock for a strong tip. High traction scales. Stabby, just not too stabby.

No blade coatings, wave opening, serrations, skulls, or glass breakers.

Have been growing old waiting for ZT to make a 4" all around performance camp/task/craft knife I can take in the woods with me. Please Reate, please.

I think tactical as in low drag and durable. My Reate I own are more gentleman's edc and while the materials are high quality I am not sure they would last during extremely hard use. Perhaps an M4 or VG10, 3v blade 3.5" overbuilt flipper or large fixed Bowie?

Last edited:
I would like to see the following from Reate:

1) Fixed blades
2) Folding knives running on PB washers vs. bearings
3) Something besides frame lock folders
4) Unlikely, but an OTF. Hey I can dream :)

I'd like to see you make a few 4 - 4.5" folders with integral frames with double row bearings.
A Straight back and Trailing blade shapes would be cool. I'd also like to see the grinds thinner and slicy!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Challenge you guys to make something that competes with Chris Reeve Inkosi or Umnumzaan. No fancy ball bearing with 72 balls, no flipper, no mokuti, marbled carbon fiber, zirconium collar/bolster and other BS. Just make some plain old good user knife with strong pivot and bronze washer. Make some neutral handle, make some drop/clip point blade. No fancy recurve tanto with 3 secondary tips or stupid stuff like 18 speed holes in the blade or 3-piece screw together blade.
Just make something timeless and classic that when you look back in 10 years you wont feel stupid that you actually made it.

I think Reate could nail a channel milled for an integral construction balisong with a weehawk blade.
How about a integral design with internal milling for weight loss;tooling would have to enter at an angle and
machine with ball end mill,or special end mill to do side cutting.
Heck if that is too much just drill it out nice hole pattern always works.
What do you think?

Hey guys,

It has been a long time that we make high quality knives and we are going to create a new series with tactical knives in the near future. Before we do that, we would like to know if you guys have any ideas about the blade style, knife size and materials that you think would be popular and fresh? We hope to do something different and try something new that we can bring some special experience to everyone.

If you have any suggestion about our new series please feel free to leave your comments.
We will be much appreciated if we could build a new series with the ideas from everyone here.

Thank you very much.

Reate Knives Team.
S45vn from crucible is mando

If I'm putting on gear for a tactical situation it needs to be the absolute best for me because that does matter in the moment. What you described is a worker knife.

Some tactical fixed blades between 3.5"-5.5" with unique steel would be cool. It seems like most fixed blades from large companies are either in S30V/S35VN, D2, 154CM, or M390. Something like CPM-4V or PD#1 would be refreshing and awesome!

I think top quality kydex or holstex is important too. An awesome sheath with good carry options can make or break a purchase for me.

Last edited:
For something “tactical” I would say the following are kind of some basic features:
  • PB washers
  • Liner lock
  • G10 or micarta for something more classy
  • Classic Benchmade/Emerson style pocket clip
  • milled liners for weight saving
For the blade I would prefer a compound grind with a strong tip and a hollow grind on the flat
For the blade shape either a classic drop point or a tanto would work

Considering blade length 3.25-3.75” is a very functional range

Variation on steel can be fun and can make a difference on a marketing point of view especially if you put some DLC on it

Back