Reate Knives-Users' opinion and collections

Got my first Reate knife yesterday, a Horizon C and I' m honestly pretty blown away by it.
Fit & finish are amazing, flips effortlessly straight out of the box, super smooth and looks great:eek:
Here' s a couple of quick pics. They' re really not very good because I don' t have much time right now to set up some lights.
Really, I' m in love with this thing right now!

I do have a question though: It came with a little bag of spare parts like screws ect that also has what looks like washers made out of beadblasted steel or titanium. What are those for?

Those are the races for the bearings, they go into the pockets in the handles that are milled out to make room for the bearings. They prevent the ceramic from wearing directly on the titanium. They're made of steel. I don't think anyone will ever need replacements but it's nice that they're included!

I do like the fact that the clip isn't blasted anymore so that the anodizing has the same sheen as the standoffs.

Thanks bro , That is some Spare parts !

Those are the races for the bearings, they go into the pockets in the handles that are milled out to make room for the bearings. They prevent the ceramic from wearing directly on the titanium. They're made of steel. I don't think anyone will ever need replacements but it's nice that they're included!

I do like the fact that the clip isn't blasted anymore so that the anodizing has the same sheen as the standoffs.

Hi guys , thanks for your support ! Hope we can meet on the Bladeshow in June . This is Reate knives factory for the first time take part in !

B98A183F-E351-4D71-92B4-B259224210A5_zpsfclgjnf8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

[video=youtube;bb1LMoKca80]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb1LMoKca80[/video]

Recently purchased a Reate-built Liong Mah-designed Warriror One. It's beautifully put together, and it's my first Reate-built knife because it's the first to have a sub-3.5" blade and a sub-5 ounce weight. I really wish Reate would put out its own knife that fell into the smaller EDC category.

Pictures:

LvPMDkJ.jpg

ECqEciQ.jpg

Ri7pc4J.jpg

I'm pretty excited about the new Horizon models.
But I gotta say, at $400, I'm gonna have to let them go to the collectors more financially well off than myself.

However, I'm still interested in that Valkyrie and the dark Hills.

Any idea how much the Valkyrie is gonna retail for...?

I like m390 and s35vn but any chance we could see a higher end Carbon Steel, like m4 or cpm 10v?

I'm pretty excited about the new Horizon models.
But I gotta say, at $400, I'm gonna have to let them go to the collectors more financially well off than myself.

However, I'm still interested in that Valkyrie and the dark Hills.

Any idea how much the Valkyrie is gonna retail for...?

Valkyrie will be $285, although they are all reserved at this point.

Recently purchased a Reate-built Liong Mah-designed Warriror One. It's beautifully put together, and it's my first Reate-built knife because it's the first to have a sub-3.5" blade and a sub-5 ounce weight. I really wish Reate would put out its own knife that fell into the smaller EDC category.

The Warrior is very nice but too pricey at $350 with no milling and S35VN!

Hope to see a small Reate flipper with a just under 3" blade length so that it's legal to carry in more places.

Valkyrie will be $285, although they are all reserved at this point.

How so??
I didn't see any pre-order on FHCK.

This is bringing back some of my feelings of insane envy from earlier this morning :p
Who are these people who are kinda "more special" than the rest of us who are getting hooked up with these knives before everyone else??

$285 seems reasonable enough, but what good is that if I don't even have the opportunity to purchase one?

How so??
I didn't see any pre-order on FHCK.

This is bringing back some of my feelings of insane envy from earlier this morning :p
Who are these people who are kinda "more special" than the rest of us who are getting hooked up with these knives before everyone else??

$285 seems reasonable enough, but what good is that if I don't even have the opportunity to purchase one?

The Valkyrie is a fort henry exclusive and it was announced and promoted and sold out/reserved on Instagram and the Fort Henry subforum... On another forum...I only found out because of Instagram

The Valkyrie is a fort henry exclusive and it was announced and promoted and sold out/reserved on Instagram and the Fort Henry subforum... On another forum...I only found out because of Instagram

Oh... Well then.... >_>

I had an angry post all typed out, but then I double checked the FHCK Facebook page and....

FHCK_zpsyiecfzct.jpg

*sigh*

Thanks for the heads up Auston. Looks like I missed another one. The knife game is getting crazy.

I have been very interested in Reate and will be picking up a few in the near future (some other stuff on the list is first) I love the size, shape, and materials. I admit I do prefer larger knives so don't share the desire for smaller models, I do look forward with great anticipation to owning at least a Horizon A,C, Hills, and maybe district 9.

Wow until you actually have one in your hand , these knives are nice! Quality all the way. image.jpg

I thought David said they would be at retailers in about 10 days? Fort Henry had them for $349. hmm

I thought that was a $349 deposit at FHK for a final $399 plus shipping?!

the only reason i haven't bought a REATE knife is they are a all a little bigger than I would want to carry daily. You have released some GREAT models but they are all about the same size and none of them are close enough to the 3" or 3.25" range that makes it easier for us to daily carry them.

Also would love to see something besides a flipper or maybe even a flipper that has thumb studs as well.

Back